Thursday, June 11, 2009

Son Gifts for Show and Tell

Most of you know I have a grown son. And most of you know I love to give presents. AND I LOVE to receive presents - at least occasionally.

For you other bloggers that have grown sons, you probably know they don't think about gifts as much as a daughter will. At least that is how it is here. My son needs to be reminded that Christmas is 2 days away and you better hit the stores!! And I am not kidding!

So when Mother's day comes, I wait and see! I ALWAYS get a card, which I love, but a gift?? IFFY

So, this mother's day our son met us for dinner and then we were going to see a movie. My husband had already promised that we would stop at Bright*n to get me something. So son came along. He looked totally bored! But he says..."well mom, if you really like this STUFF, pick out something from me!"



OK!!!!!



Bright*n now is carrying a Pand*ra type bracelet. They are so cute so my son started me a bracelet. I LOVE it!


2 spacers, and his birthstone, and the bracelet

They were very busy that day and did not have my daughter's birthstone. So last week when I went to doctor we stopped and yeah....they had her birthstone and the mom charm.

Now, I am saving to get the little boy and girl for my grandchildren. I just love this bracelet and my son will text me...are you wearing your bracelet???? Yep!

So I thought I would show you 1 other gift I have from my son. He bought this for me when he was about 17 years old.

It is a Bu*ld-a-Bear. You have to notice why he dressed it like he did...

Sunglasses...My son is NEVER without his designer sunglasses!

Cell phone...yah, I would like to hide that thing sometimes!

Top of Underwear! Thank God we have outgrown that!

Bluejeans....much favored clothing item!

And no shoes...those come off as soon as possible!

He may not remember a lot of gifts, but when he does....they are PRECIOUS!

Well, that is my Show and Tell for Kelli's this week. Can't wait to see all of your items and stories. Have a wonderful weekend.

**I will not be starting chemo until sometime in July...I need to have another scan first and that can't be until July. Thank you for your concerns. I am feeling pretty good and enjoying my days!!**
And I have a question...does anyone know how to translate a blog I am visiting to English?

25 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I have two grown sons and I do know about the gift thing. Your son bought you a precious bracelet. It makes it all the sweeter when they do something like that. You are in my prayers as always, glad you're feeling a little better. Hugs, Marty

cherry said...

Sooo cute...love that bear!

A Hint of Home said...

Wow, I love the bracelet. It is so cute. The bear is adorable, too.

Charlotte said...

Your son sounds a lot like mine. I love your Brighton bracelet. I love everything Brighton. We were out at Scottsdale Mall a couple of days ago and passed by the Build a Bear store. I told Hubby someday I want to Build a Bear. Every time I see one of those stores I want to do it. It looks like such fun. I haven't done a Show & Tell in ages. I used to do it every week.
Hugs,
Charlotte

ItaJeff said...

The bracelet is lovely..love it..and the bear is so cute.

Happy Friday

Lots of luv,
Ita

Love Bears All Things said...

I know just what you mean. I do not even expect a card from mine. And if I get one, it is an after thought and late. This year, he sent a card before Mother's Day and he called. Wow!
I have one of the Pandora bracelets. They are very expensive. I also bought an imitation one. I have not seen the charms like yours. I think they are much prettier if they do not have too many charms on them. I think yours is great. And the bear is wonderful. Of course, I'm partial to bears. Thanks for sharing and blessings,
Mama Bear

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, I love the bracelet from your son. What a great and memory making gift. He sounds like a great guy. Love the build a bear too. Just too cute.

So glad you have a little more time before your treatment. Glad you are feeling good.

As for the translator. I have a translator on my blog at the bottom. You can use it to translate your page. Just open the site, copy the words you need in English and paste it in the translator. Good Luck.

Have a great weekend sweets,
Prayers, Celestina Marie

i cant decide said...

What a lovely bracelet. And how fun to be able to keep adding to it. How sweet that he asks if you are wearing it.

Debbie J said...

I love both the gifts! My son is 22 and surprises me that he cares about buying gifts. He once bought a bunch of "chicken" stuff from Walmart, wrapped it during the night before Mother's day in newspaper and had it waiting on the kitchen table the next morning. I was shocked.

The Old Parsonage said...

I have two grown sons and I know form which you speak.

Enjoy your day!
Leann

Vanessa said...

I love the bracelets!! & the bear of course. Thanks for sharing!!

Heather said...

that bracelet is gorgeous! oh and that bear is so cute. i totally understood that it was to remind you of your son. how funny!

Karen said...

Hello!
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog this morning.
I LOVE that bear! That fits my youngest son to a T!!! As for Bright*n, you can never have too much! I love the bracelet, and you will have a wonderful time collecting all the little charms for it. That is a great gift!
I am so happy to hear of your encouraging news!!! There is no better tumor than a SHRINKING tumor!
If you don't mind my asking, what was your CA125 count? What type of chemo have you been given? The one that worked the best for my Mom was Taxol. But it's been so long, hopefully they have discovered new and improved miracle drugs for this horrible disease.
You are now on my prayer list. And I will be following your blog, so keep us all updated on your progress.
You can Email me at kdecapite@gmail.com so it remains confidential if you like.
I'm so happy to have "met" you. Please keep in touch. Karen

Jane said...

Very nice. Sometimes I don't think our children realize how much we notice and cherish what they give us. Even the words on a card are precious when you know they have taken the time to pick one out with lots of meaning. I like to hang mine up in my bedroom for awhile. May God bless you during your treatments and bless your health.

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

The charm bracelet is so pretty, and I bet extra special to you because it is from your son. I do know how sons are about gifts. I guess gifts are a female thing.

The teddy bear is cute too. I love those stores where you can go in and do your own thing.

Iris

Happy@Home said...

The bear is adorable and how cute that he slightly resembles your son. I also like the bracelet. I love Brighton, but hadn't seen these bracelets before.

The Country Nest said...

Oh how special! I love your bracelet and the teddy is perfect, now you will always remember his teens...Sons can be special, just not as often as daughters, but it makes us appreciate it even more. My son is 35 and gaughter is 33, time flys by.
Thanks for coming by to visit..meet you at Homegoods!
Hugs,
Donna

Decor To Adore said...

What a sweetheart! I am so glad that his taste is growing year after year.

I have Friday the 19th available and the week of the 22~26 wide open.

Hope to hear from you.

Mrs. Teapot said...

Oh Ceekay, they are both precious gifts. I love the bracelet, it is beautiful and very signifcant.

May the Lord strengthen you and give you HIs peace.

-Mrs. Teapot

Nanette said...

Your bracelet is lovely. It's so nice you have both a son and a daughter. I have enjoyed both my sons and my daughters over the years. What one gender lacks the other seems to cover!
Valerie

Savannah said...

Awww I loved this post, so adorable. Thank you for the great comment(:

The Barkers said...

Go R!!! He did a good job. Love that bear...hilarious.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That bracelet is so pretty. What a wonderful gift! And how perfect the Build-A-Bear was. He obviously had a sense of humor about himself, even at that age! I continue to pray for you. laurie

Charity said...

What sweet gifts from your son!
Google has a translator - just click "more" at the top of Google homepage then "even more." The translate tool is under "Communication."

Or copy and paste this:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#

Pudgeduck said...

Ceekay- I am going to get the bracelet! Thanks for turning me on to Bright*n from your previous posts! All My girls and granddaugter's gifts are from Bright*n! Looks like lunch will be after July! Always in my prayers....

Blogging tips