Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Memories Made

We had so much fun with our family today, meeting at my husband's choice, Abuelos. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and talked constantly! Our precious granddaughter who is 3 years old, decorated this cake for Grandpa. She was quite pleased with herself.


You can see that before the sprinkles were generously added, the word Grandpa was sorta there!

My grandson is grandma's boy. He will always be sitting by me and wanting a back rub! I just love this picture. The men got hats, but of course, the kids had to have them...I have my granddaughters on for the pic! See the MICHIGAN t-shirt. Grandpa and Grandma have some influence!!

She likes her hat!

This is my handsome son with his nephew and his goofy look!

After dinner my husband, son and I went to a animal shelter to look at the dogs. But no luck. Lots of dogs but a lot of big dogs. So, that's ok. If it is meant to be, we will know it! It was fun though...talking to all those precious pups.
I am hoping that since today I kept my mouth shut during all the "guy" shows..you know, what tank is bigger, which gun shoots further, what dumb crime was commited, etc....that I can talk my hubs into going antiquing...I am not sure! I am trying to squeeze in fun times before chemo starts, which btw, will probably be the middle of July.
I hope you all had a wonderful day with the men in your lives, or remembering those that have left this world, but left memories on your hearts. My daddy died when I was 9 years old, so the memories are few...but the Lord gave me a fantastic grandpa and several wonderful uncles. The best gift though, was the man I married almost 36 years ago. He is even more than my best friend. I am so glad to have been blessed to share more memories with him this weekend.
See you later this week!
I will be sharing my time visiting with a fellow blogger!!!

11 comments:

Four Paws and Co said...

Great pictures! I loved the kids sweet little faces & the cake is too cute. ☺ diane

Teacup Mosaics said...

Hi Ceekay, so nice to visit you again. Thanks for sharing your wonderful family, father's day.
Kelley

A Hint of Home said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. Looks like fun for all.

Heather said...

what a wonderful day spent with the boys, err, men in your life! the cake is adorable.

Salmagundi said...

Thanks for letting us know when the chemo will start - extra prayers will be coming your way then. Cute family - glad you are enjoying every occasion to get together. Sally

dana said...

What a sweet post!!! I LOVE the photo of you and your little gr.boy in the hats!! The cake your gr.girl decorated is adorable---that could be a wonderful father's day card!

I'm glad you had a great day with the men on their day---we did,too, with my hubby and son (and his family!) I fixed a brunch and then we (well, me, my daughter and my grand took a nap)--my hubs watched sports on TV, my son (he's working on his Master's) did sch. work on line and my very pregnant DIL had some free time to address her Facebook friends! It was a relaxing time with my family.
I love, love, love the Mr. Peanuts in the cloche---you haven't lost your mind--it was very clever!!! I hope you went antiquing today. It's so hot here, even the dog doesn't want to go outside!

Take care! Dana

Decor To Adore said...

Who? Who is it? :)

I haven't been to Abeulo's yet. I've heard so many good things about it. We'll go there next time. :)

Your son is indeed so handsome. I know he will make a wonderful catch for someone.
I showed my daughter a few pictures of him on your blog and she said, "Mom, he could have any girl he wants and she would probably be tall, thin and blonde. I am short, dark and curvy. But thanks for trying." :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Ceekay, it was so good to talk to you today. I so look forward to lunch. Glad to see a pic of you and your grandchildren are so precious. Sounds like you had the best day ever. It's always fun to have the children around. See you soon. Hugs, Marty

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time with your family!
Traci

The Quintessential Magpie said...

These are such good pics! Loved seeing them all.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kathy said...

A precious day!
xo...Kathy

Blogging tips