Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Red Letter Saturday!

I am sooooo excited! I wish there was a way to type excitement better....well, anyways, my Saturday started out quite as normal. I went and got my nails done and on the way home stopped at the mailbox and SURPRISE, there was a box from Myrna from Heirlooms. Oh what sweet precious gifts. I had to leave them though, because my hubby took the night off and we were going to dinner at the Roaring Fork in Scottsdale.


Sweet box decorated on all sides....see the teacup!!

Everything wrapped in beautiful black and white...my fav!!
Such a sweet notecard...


A sweet votive candle holder...in PINK!

And a darling crown magnet!!

Dinner was fantastic as usual and then my hubs said, do you want to get dessert here or stop at that Sprinkles cupcake place you have been talking about? Oh, I want to stop so bad, but I think they are probably closed. We went there and they were open...well sorta! The place was packed and it was supposed to be closed at 7 but it was already 7:15. We got our selections and I carefully held the box all the way home. Of course, I was waiting to take pictures.



Look at that bottom right....that is pure chocolate heaven!!

As we meandered through the streets to get to the freeway, all the side streets were barricaded off. Hubby at first thought there must me a parimeter set to find a criminal...but then it dawned on us...nope, the president is coming to the Phoenix area tonight.

We get on the freeway and we are chatting away, excited to try our cupcake. All of a sudden I said to my husband, there is no traffic on the other side of the freeway. The words were no sooner out of my mouth when I saw two motorcycles with lights blazing followed by about 50 police cars.....I was screaming...yep, I really was....it is the president's motorcade!!!!!! Sure enough, there was the president's limosene. Now, that is the closest this ole girl is gonna get to a president, any president. I am telling you....we were both excited. There is nothing like seeing a presidential motorcade in person. It is quite impressive! It was too dark to get a picture, even if I could have...but I had to share it with you...oh, and the cupcakes!!! YUMMO!

Yep, a Red Letter Saturday!

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Ceekay, what wonderful gifts you received and the cupcakes look just fabulous too. Now to top all of that off with the President motorcade, well that is just too much. Good for you. Hugs, Marty

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice gifts! Were the cupcakes as good as they look?

Katherine

(Sorry I'm not an Obama fan)

Kathy said...

What a great box - decorated so darling! "CeeKay and the Red Letter Day" - sounds like a story book! Yep, it really is exciting to see the president or even his motorcade in person. I'm so glad you got to and that you had such a fun day - and that you called me to tell me all about it on your way home. Made my day too!
love ya,friend...Kathy

Bonnie said...

Wow, you DID have a good day! Seeing the president had to be exciting. How sad that I'm most happy for you getting the cupcakes!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. It's very nice to meet you!

Happy@Home said...

Lovely gifts, fabulous looking cupcakes and a glimpse of the presidential motorcade ~ wow, what an exciting day. Thanks for sharing it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Morning Ceekay. Thanks so much for stopping by my MM and leaving such kind comments. Of course you are welcome here anytime you want. It is just a small simple tract home, but it is ours, so that's all that matters. Hope you have a great day. Hugs, Marty

Salmagundi said...

What a day!! You deserve to have a special and memorable day - glad you did!!! Sally

Unknown said...

Wow! You saw the motorcade?! How cool is that?! Your gift from Myrna was very special. She is so talented. All of her stuff looks like art work! I didn't know that Sprinkles was in Scottsdale? Yummy.

Aren't you sumpthin else!? :)

~Liz

The Barkers said...

Yummo! Andrea recently took the girls to the Sprinkles in Beverly Hills!

Blogging tips