Monday, March 24, 2008

Fun Day with the Grandkids

I normally would not post about my grandchildren, but this egg story is just too cute. I put out the plastic eggs for the kids to find. They had coins and a few dollars in them. They were so good about finding them and even making sure that each one found one. After they got their booty, we sat down and opened all the eggs.
My grandaughter who is 2 was very excited that there was "money" in each one.

After we bagged up their money in 2 separate bags, my grandson who is 5 asked if he could put the eggs back out. Sure I thought, it will keep him busy, while I get dinner finished. So he proceeds to lay out the eggs. Well, it didn't dawn on me right away, but here goes my little grandaughter picking up the eggs. What disappointment on her face when she opened them and they were empty. Apparently, they figured if they put them back out, they would miraculously be filled by the Easter bunny. It was so precious. One I will remember. It was a beautiful day here in Arizona and we stayed outside almost all of it. To say this grandma is tired today, well, that is putting it mildly!

7 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That's a cute story! (And cute grandkids!) You're fortunate to have your grandchildren close-by, mine live in another town, and some live in other states :-(

Katherine

A Hint of Home said...

They are so cute and it's fun seeing them enjoy themselves.

cherished*vintage said...

That is the sweetest story! What fun. I'm envious of the sunshine you had for Easter. It's sunny today in WA - go figure... :o)
-Karoline

Stephens said...

The kids are adorable. I see their mama in them, especially your granddaughter. I'm glad you get to spend time with them and have fun days like you did with the Easter eggs.

Kathy said...

Glad your day was wonderful...the kids looked adorable.

SweetAnnee said...

Oh how sweet..and the babes are darling.. God's little treasures to us grammies.!!

thanks for being a friend and touching my heart today!!
fondly, your praying friend..Deena

SweetAnnee said...

Oh how sweet..and the babes are darling.. God's little treasures to us grammies.!!

thanks for being a friend and touching my heart today!!
fondly, your praying friend..Deena

Blogging tips