Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Who Knew??

Ok, so in telling this story, I let out a little secret. CeeKay is my Blog name.
Why am I telling you this, cuz....
I was surfing on Ebay last night. Don't really NEED anything. So I like to put in names. So I typed in my real first name for cups. I never knew, but Noritake makes a china with my name. So of course, I had to buy the cup and saucer. I know you all understand. I will show the picture when it comes in.
Then I remembered with the tea blog-a-thon, that I have some tea items in my china cabinet.
This figurine I bought several years ago from a mail order catalog. I am sorry, I don't remember which one. It is from the Yesterdays Child collection. I just love the two girls having tea, because I love to do that with my girlfriends!
This little tea pot and 2 cups are Savorski crystal. They are mini, mini.
The picture frame I got years ago as a gift from A Hint of Home. It is pewter and one of my favorites.
And....the little teapot...well, a little story here. My husband took me to Roy's restaurant several years ago. It is now closed. However, they served me tea in a teapot like this. I wanted to buy one, and they said the store down the street had them. So we go to buy one. $60.00. Now I am not kidding and this teapot maybe holds a cup of water. Needless to say, I didn't get it. But I remember it!

Last October, my husband and I went to see our friends Tom and Rose (A Hint of Home) and we went shopping. Wow! there is a shock. We went to this place called Pottery something....not the famous Pottery Barn. It was 2 stories of glorious dishes, cups, etc. etc. And there almost at the end of the store was...my little tea pot. For like 12.00! Oh, my goodness, I could not put it in my basket fast enough. So....here comes the deep thought of all that story.


Sometimes, I just believe the Lord puts things in my path that He KNOWS I will love. Ask my girlfriends, they will tell you. I find the best bargains of things that I think, that would be nice, and then....There they are. What a blessing!

Ok, I am done.

8 comments:

Vee said...

Oh I agree with you...sometimes it's "God" thing. So glad that you found your special teapot. I can certainly see why you were charmed by it.

Unknown said...

I love your treasures, they are so unusual, especially the crystal tea set. I love how delicate and tiny some of your treasures are. Thank you for coming to tea at my place, and I have thoroughly enjoyed yours. Blessings, Karen

Kathy said...

As one of those girlfriends you mentioned,I can attest to the fact that you've got the gift of finding a great bargain and more importantly, God's given the glory! Love the little tea pot and the story - and my friend! Kathy

Denise said...

You are EXACTLY right! Want a cool story how that happened to me the week before last? I went on Craigslist for the first time ever and there's someone with a complete set of china for 12 ~ with serving pieces~ in the pattern i've been collecting since college days~ for $100!!! It was still available and I got it. Did I need it? No ~but He loves to give us those little surprises every once in a while to remind us how much He loves us! You can see it in my post for this blog-a-thon~ it's all the china in my secretary! Isn't He an awesome God?
Thank you for sharing this post! You are only the second person I've told about this sweet Love Gift.
Have a lovely day!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Doesn't it make those bargains so much more special when it's something you've really been wanting? What sweet tea things you have!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I call that a "God Wink" when you find something you've been desiring at a bargain!

I'm glad you added the other tea things, they are wonderful! I love the figurine of friends taking tea! I want one!!

Katherine

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

I loved your story about the little teapot that you finally found for a great price! I know the Lord enjoys giving us the desires of our hearts--especially when we give Him the glory!

La Tea Dah said...

Lovely tea things --- and what a precious story about your little iron teapot! God is good!

LaTeaDah

Blogging tips