Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sewing

Our park has a sewing group called Sew Sew Sisters.   One of the ladies showed us how to make "10 minute Table runners".

Now I am not saying they are 10 mins....but I do like making them.  No I did not use the mini sewing machine.

The one you see is a gift for my 85 year old aunt.  When I saw this fabric...it yelled Aunt Barbara.....






It is off in the mail.

This is the 3rd one I have made...one for me, and one Cardinal team runner for my daughter and sil. 



You need 1/2 yard fabric for the back and sides and 1/4 yard for the center.  Start sewing the long sides together, right sides together.  On one side leave space to turn right side out.  DO NOT YET sew the ends.

Turn right side out and iron the fabric with equal parts of the backing fabric on each side of the center.  Mark with a pin on each end and again turn inside out.  Hand press fabric flat using the pressed sides for a guide.  Then sew the ends together.

Turn right side out and close your opening.

Fold ends to a point to make the decorative end.  We put buttons, but the possibilities are endless.

10 minutes/ or an hour, give or take according to your sewing skills....and voila!!  Table runner.

12 comments:

Jan Hermann said...

Very pretty Ceekay! I'm sure your Aunt Barbara will love the runner!

Jan ♥

Unknown said...

Hi there...
Simple...yet lovely table runner.....

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Looks good. So fun. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

That's so fun to have a sewing group right there. Your runners are awesome, Aunt Barbara is going to be so happy!

Hugs ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh, this group sounds like so much fun! You little Sew & Sew! :) Love the runner and thanks for the tutorial. I like making them too and can always use a shortcut!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vee said...

Oh those are fun to make and with the fabric combinations the possibilities are endless. Your aunt will love it!

Chatty Crone said...

I am going to save this - I want to make one!

NanaDiana said...

What and easy way to make a runner. They turned out great, Ceekay. I bet your Aunt will love it- xo Diana

Unknown said...

OK! That is just to smart! :)
I'll be copying you. OK?
~Liz

Anonymous said...

What a great little table runner! Love the brown one you made.

bee blessed
mary

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That is so neat! I'm sure your Aunt Barbara will love it! I bet the cardinal one is real pretty too.

Next you'll be making your clothes! I used to sew all the time back when I was raising my family.

Katherine

An Oasis in the Desert said...

This is a wonderful tablerunner, Ceekay, and I know your aunt is going to be thrilled! I love making tablerunners and always enjoy a new pattern.

Carol

Blogging tips