Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Have FALLin'

I must say that I love Fall.  Which is kinda funny since now in AZ, we really don't have a "Fall".  We are entering (from my lips to God's ears!) our beautiful Spring Weather....which will really be here until our BEYOND Summer hits!  OK, back to FALL!

One of the simple joys of my life is opening my seasonal boxes.  Whenever I pack them away, in the back of my mind I pray that the Lord will allow me the joy of opening them another year.

And HE did again this year!

We won't talk about the fact that I had to take a nap yesterday, cuz I was "plum tuckeered out"!

I am going to take a cue from Jan at A Daily Cup with Mrs. Olsen.  She is posting her Fall decor one room at a time.

With my little MH, this won't take too many days!'

I also tried, (TRIED, being the operative word here) to not have this place look like it "Threw Up Fall Decor".  Less is More, less is more, less is more...oh...sorry.....

....when you first come into our home from the Front door you will see........


(forgive the cords....the one is still to the Fan, which is on, because well, refer to last post!!)







Our Harvest Tree.  This is absolutely my favorite Fall decor item and it is stunning in person.  Nothing is wired on...all just tucked in....

TA DA.....you have now seen my entryway!

Next.....the Kitchen!

22 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Now that is a warm fall welcome! I love how it lights up and looks so cozy as the evenings are getting darker earlier.
The bear is a cutie too.

Michele Smith said...

I love fall too! Your tree is too cute :)

Sonny G said...

Fall is mighty pretty in your home CeeKay.. that bear is perfect in that spot.

Debby said...

I love the bear. I just pulled my decorations from the closet. I nee a better system for sure. I agree less is best. Less trouble as well.

Anonymous said...

Love your tree! What a nice welcome into your home. Love the teddy, too, I'll always love teddies. Thanks for sharing the entry with us, looking forward to seeing other rooms soon. Mary

Sue@sprucelakecottage said...

Hi CeeKay, that tree is really cute and I love the catails at the top..my husband bought real catails this past spring to put in our lake...he said there were some in it when he was a little boy but they died out. I'll have to show him your fall tree!! I can't wait to see your next room.
Take care.

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

What a great way to greet your guests! Love it!

Dee said...

A fall tree is a great idea...:)love your home.

Vee said...

Very cozy! Does it make you feel warmer or cooler? Hope that you are getting some cooler days.

NanaDiana said...

I love your sweet tree. It must feel very different in the weather you are in there- I can see why that is your very favorite Fall item- I love it. xo Diana

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!! LOVING the harvest tree and the rest of your decor is cuuuute! :)

Hugs,

Cyn said...

love that tree!

Blondie's Journal said...

Everything looks so cute...I can tell you love fall! I love the bear! I know what you mean about decoration overkill. I only decorate my kitchen, living room and bath (just a bit), but because I have accumulated so much, it looks cluttered. I don't think I am going to pull everything out this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing your kitchen!

XO,
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how cute. I love your Fall tree, this is so cute. Perfect. Hugs, Marty

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your Harvest Tree is so sweet, Ceekay. I'm with you, I feel so happy when I'm surrounded by these rich & wonderful colors of Fall. Today certainly was a beautiful one, wasn't it? I'll take some more like this!

CAS

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh, I forgot -- just wanted to tell you how much I like your new Fall header. It is so pretty and cheerful!

CAS

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, I love the Scarecrow Bear.
Mama Bear

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Cee Kay,
I am loving your harvest tree!! I have one in my Living Room and i did one at work too!!
The glow from a Harvest Tree is so warming, isn't it?
I tried to stick to a more sedate Harvest decor this year too but it was hard!

Can't wait to see the rest of your Fall Decor!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Decor To Adore said...

Love all these happy touches. I am still in everyday decorating mode and currently working on the laundry room. Seems as if I will never catch up with blogland. :)

You are in my thoughts and prayers. When you feel strong I want to come visit and go to Garden Ridge.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Love your tree! It's gorgeous! And the little bear is the perfect, cute accessory! I'm trying to work on my fall decorations some today, too! But housework keeps getting in the way! ha! Can't wait to see the rest of your Fall goodies!

Oh, and I have a motto, that "less is more" saying, goes out the window during fall and at Christmas! ha! Decorate your heart away, my friend! :)

Gina said...

Oh how I love your fall tree! It's so pretty! What a great way to be greeted at the entryway.

I had to smile when you said you say a prayer while you pack away your decorations. I do that with my Christmas decorations every year.

bj said...

Oh, what an adorable Fall tree. It is sooo pretty. A great idea!!
xoxo bj

Blogging tips