Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Back!

We had a wonderful time in California and Disneyland. We were at the park before it opened and stayed until it closed. The last 2 hours were spent sitting in our spot waiting for the show. We did quite a bit, but no where near seeing everything! We were mostly freezing! Thankfully I had layered and it did warm a bit in the early afternoon, but by evening....brrrrr.

I wish my mailbox was this cute!

We had lunch at this cafe in New Orleans and the food was beyond fantastic! They brought me this little "fritter" like Mickey's head for my cake. My husband also later bought me a Mickey ice cream bar...I ate the ears!

Here I am with my man. You would not believe the lines. On a Wednesday! But nothing doing, I was seeing Mickey!

We had a wonderful time staying with Ro's daughter. Ro's granddaughters are precious and of course, I had the puppy as much as possible! But, we had to say goodbye....till next time!
I thought I would have lots of pictures of my purchases.....nope, I bought almost nothing. I was looking for a bling t-shirt with Mickey, a silver Mickey head necklace, and maybe some plates. Nothing! I know, but I even spoke with a purchasing manager. The better jewelry isn't selling right now, so they are not getting much in. What they did have was about $300.00. I got a charm for my Italian charm bracelet and some disney dollars. That is it!
(I will tell you about my stopping at the Brighton outlet another day....there, I didn't come out empty handed!!!)
We are definately hoping to get back in October for my hub's birthday and go to California adventure. But of course, that will depend on my treatments. I can't imagine going if I am not doing well, it was tiring enough this time!
I see the doctor on Tuesday. Whoopee!! (sorry, a little sarcasm there). Till then...I am resting. My legs are pooped!

23 comments:

Heather said...

welcome back! looks like you had a great time. cute pictures!

Lois Christensen said...

So glad you had fun! The pictures look great!!

Stephens said...

Love the pics! :-) Sorry you didn't find more to buy at Disneyland, but I'm so glad you had a good time. We enjoyed getting to see you and pray you stay well after staying here with a couple of "sickies."

Lori said...

Thank you for the lovely comment about my daughter's room. That means a lot coming from you and peeking into your blogsite pictures. Sounds like you had a ball in with Mickey et al.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Ceekay! I've missed you but I'm so glad you've had fun. Love the photo with the sweet little girl kisses and the little doggie! How precious!
I'll be looking forward to more from your trip.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday and thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful time
Nowhere is quite like Disney - I love it

Pink Slippers said...

I'm so happy you had a blast.
I LOVE it there. We always eat at New Orleans for lunch. Yummy.
Wendy

A Hint of Home said...

Fun, Fun time! So sorry I couldn't be there with you and see my kids and grandkids, too. They had a wonderful time with you two.
Sorry you couldn't find the necklace--- Maybe next time. So glad you loved it.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Glad to hear you are back, safe and sound, and that you had such a good time!! Tell us all about it!

Seeing that fritter reminds me - at Disney World I had Joe take a picture of me eating a Mickey cupcake for you (remember you asked me to eat one for you!) and I forgot to post it!

Take it easy and rest!

Katherine

Kathy said...

You looked so cute! Sooooo glad you had a fun birthday with Hubby and Mickey!
xo...Kathy

Lady Katherine said...

What great pictures! Love the mail box! I love Brighton, can't wait to see what you have bought! Good luck at the Doc's I will pray it will be better than you think. I know I get very nervous when I go in. They all know me so well at the hositals, and test places I now can talk them in giving me the results before my primary doc ever knows! lol Even the pharmacy! Its bad when you live in the country 35 min to Walmart Pharmacy, and they know you by name! Bessings and hurry an show the Jewelry!

JudyBug said...

Great pics! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

JudyBug

Nanette said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound and had fun!
Valerie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy to read about your fun trip and to get to know you a little! Your Valentine decorations were so pretty too. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment :)

Karen said...

Looks like you had a very fun time!! Great pictures. :-)
Karen

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time
at Disneyland. Great phots. Thanks for sharing them.

Happy Birthday.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Kathy said...

I have a little gift for you on my Sunday post!
xo...Kathy

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Great pictures. Happy sunday :>)

The Willow Rose said...

Happy Birthday to you....I see you had alot of fun on your trip. Thank you for stopping by I would be honored to added to your list.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ceekay, great pics! I'm so glad you had fun on your birthday. I also wanted to thank you for my Valentine. Somehow it got in with a stack of mail where I didn't see it, and when I found it, I was so touched. It was lovely. Thank you so much, Christmas buddy, for being a Valentine buddy, too.

XO,

Sheila :-)

TJ said...

My daughter can talk of nothing but Disneyland lately, thanks for sharing! We are waiting til her brother is a bit older before we go.

Connie said...

So did the little mickey fritter taste as good as it looked?

Glad you had a good time.

Keep your chin up, kiddo.

Blogging tips