Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Give Thanks - Day 19

Giving Thanks at Kelli's and 30 days of Thanks today I want to give thanks for music. I LOVE music. Growing up many days were spent around the old piano singing with my extended family. I have wonderful memories of those days. As I grew older, I began singing in choir and doing solos in church. But my love of music doesn't stop at hymns or praise songs. As wonderful as they are, I enjoy many genres of music. Some of the best memories I have over the years has been attending concerts, shows, and musicals. When I do get to Heaven...I will be so anxious to hear the wonderful music that we can't even imagine here....So for Day 19 - I am thankful for music!
By the way - my luncheon yesterday went beautifully. Everything was delicious thankfully! and we had such a good time just enjoying each others company. Can't wait to do it again!!

15 comments:

Brenda said...

You're so right. I love music, especially praise and worship. And my oldest brother just released his first cd of piano compositions. I cried when I got it in the mail, because it's been a long time coming. So proud of him.
God bless,
Brenda :)

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
Life would have been so different without music! When I was younger I would sing different little diddies so I would not get irritated with my kids, such as the, "belt your bones in" song when getting in the car. We laugh at these now, but they all remember! I agree with being thankful for music.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

You made me think about what kind of music I'd like as a background for my dinner with friends.....I have to think about it.

Linda C said...

Thanks for sharing your love of music. I'm with you on that !
Linda C

A Hint of Home said...

So happy all went well yesterday.
Music is a wonderful gift from the Lord. I love to hear you sing, too.

Alice said...

You know, I never thought about the music in Heaven. But you're right, of course, it will be glorious!

Decor To Adore said...

I am so glad that your luncheon went well.

My family tells me that I have musical tourette's as I often break into song during inappropriate times (according to them) or make up nonsense songs. :)

Anonymous said...

Me, too -- Music speaks to my heart in a unique way and I am very thankful for it.

Miss Janice said...

I love music as well. I'm so glad that your event went well yesterday. I'm sure that food was awesome. Still like the pumpkin soup bowls...

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice music can usually get all of us into a good mood! I wish we could hear you sing a solo!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

I love music too. Where would we be without it. I enjoyed your post.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great post, Ceekay! I love music too! ...especially gospel, all kinds! I can truly worship through music.

Love your tablescape below! The wagon is just precious! :) ~Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Did you like the Kona Grill? I thought I would probably like to eat there.
Charlotte

Susie Homemaker said...

Life's a song...Sing it! I love music too...you can always hear me singing...I bet you have been blessed with a beautiful voice.

Blessings,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Evening, Ceekay! You know how I love music too! I'm so thankful for it. Music can speak to a person's heart when nothing else can!
I'm glad all went well yesterday!!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Blogging tips