Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Titanic Candy Dish

I wish I could remember, but someone spoke about Titanic memorabilia, so I thought about my trip to the exhibit. I went several years ago, but I still remember the awe of seeing things from so long ago, years in the ocean, and still looking pretty good. When you enter you are given a passenger name and at the end you see if you survived the sinking. Surprisingly to me, I DID!
I purchased this candy dish. It is a replica of one of the patterns of dishes from the ship.
Above picture is looking into dish.
This is the stamp on the bottom.
I really enjoy looking at this from time to time and remembering the Titanic exhibit.

10 comments:

Angie said...

that is pretty! my son is fascinated by the titanic. he always wants to read about it and watch shows about it. it is a very interesting tale....

~Angie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

How neat! It was probably Nikki at Scarlett Rose Garden who talked about the Titanic.

Katherine

Alice said...

I'm so glad you survived the Titanic! :) The movie hasn't been on cable for the longest time. I wish they'd bring it back again.

Alexandra MacVean said...

That's a very cute candy dish!! =)

Hope you're having a good day.

*hugs*

A Hint of Home said...

That is such a neat piece to have. I've never seen it before.
I wish I had gotten a piece like that from the exhibit when I was there. Maybe next time.

Kathy said...

That's a pretty piece, C. We went to that exhibit when it came to us too. Our Julie had always been facinated with the Titanic so went with her. I didn't know you had that little candy dish - very nice post!
XOXO Kathy

Charlotte said...

What a wonderful treasure. I've always been so interested in the Titanic. I'm glad you shared,

Anonymous said...

That is really a pretty dish. I'm so glad you survivied the Titanic!Blogland would not be the same without you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your candy dish is very pretty as well is your story :)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

How cute! I don't remember seeing one of these before! I have a few teacups and saucers... including a 3rd class repro.
Thanks for sharing!
Nikki

Blogging tips