Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good Morning Thursday!

Have really no real plans for my post today, but thought I would show a couple pictures around my home. We are having a cool spell....it is only 105 degrees! Compared to 112, we will take it.
When you live in Phoenix, you get up VERY early if you want to do something outside. It is not unusual to see people up at 5:00 AM pulling weeds, trimming bushes, and washing their cars.
I didn't get up THAT early, but I did get up to do the backyard stroll. Checking to make sure the trees and bushes are ok from the heat and wind. So I thought I would show you a picture of my bench. Now, you KNOW there is a story here. I have been begging my hubby for a bench in the backyard...just for looks. I didn't care if we sat on it...but he said, "If we get a bench, we are sitting on it." So, he bought me a bench. Now I had pictured a cute scrolly thing, but this one is "STURDY"! Actually, it is quite cute and it is sturdy! (Yep, those are fake sunflowers...my July, August and September choice of garden flowers!)
I saw a picture on a blog where they took a picture through a shrub...here is my attempt!
I changed my dining table to Palm trees. Had the patriotic out a Long time!
Anyone recognize these????
Yep, we took the grandkids to Peter Piper Pizza. Well, there it is..... just a day in my life!
Hope you have a wonderful Thursday! I think I am going to run to Walmart to get a rooster....that is a whole nother story!

4 comments:

Esther said...

We've had 116 here in Lake Co., California! Hope you stay cool... and thanks for the tour. :)

Anonymous said...

My, that's hot! I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and it's so humid here it feels like it's that hot sometimes. I like your pictures today and I have to thank you again for the award!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Deb said...

Hi ceekay.....your new bench is so cute...love the red throw draped over it.....and silk sunflowers are the best! No watering, no wilting....lol Thanks for visiting me on the Garden Tour...come back again soon!

xo,
Debbie

The Proverbs Wife said...

You have created a very cozy seating area. I working on one in my backyard.

I've gotten some of the plants in already and will be on the hunt for the perfect bench.

Thanks for sharing.

Blogging tips