Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some Easter touches!

I added an egg wreath and egg cups with egg candles on my Easter table. I really like the look of the wreath.
Finally found some eggs to put in my apothcary jar. They are just styrofoam covered from JoAnns but they look better for right now than the winter pine cones!
Hubby brought home the beautiful easter lily for me today. He very rarely forgets. Now I just have to find my butter lamb for Easter dinner. Tradition!!!
Tomorrow I am going to lunch at a friend's home from church. I am so anxious to wear my bunny necklace. I got the bunny in South Carolina a few years back. Never have seen another. So excited to be going to my friend's beautiful home. Is anyone else like this? I just enjoy so much seeing other people's decorating ideas. I tell ladies at church, you don't even have to feed me, just let me see your beautiful home! For many years, I have enjoyed an evening walk, peeking at the insides of the homes when the lights are on. Sometimes I would just like to go up to the door and say, hi, I am your neighbor and I would love to see your home. In this day and age, I guess that probably wouldn't go over well. But that doesn't stop me from wishing......
I must say that I have enjoyed blogging this week so much. I find that the Lord blesses me with thoughts of other women with their needs or joys. I am thrilled by the ideas and talents of others in blog land. I guess I am feeling a little emotional with enjoying my health for the last few months and blogging has been such an encouragement to me. Just a few deep thoughts of mine. Don't worry, it doesn't last long!!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute table, C. Love your necklace...enjoy your lunch and your sweet reprieve my friend...k

Alice said...

Your bunny necklace is so sweet and how nice to have a special pre-Easter occasion to wear it.

I know just what you mean about looking in peoples' homes at dusk, before they have their curtains closed but their lights are on. I especially love to see a family in the kitchen, everyone pitching in to get dinner on the table. My husband thinks I'm strange for wanting to walk in the alley ways but I like kitchens best.

Mrs. MK said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. It is somehow comforting to know that others have been down this road, yet it hurts knowing it as well.

Thank you for your encouragement!

Charlotte said...

I love your Easter touches. I still have got Easter stuff I need to get out. You've inspired me.

Blogging tips