Friday, February 29, 2008

Good Morning, Bloggers!

Today is Kelli's Show and Tell Friday and I thought I would show my collection of crocks. I have had these crocks for 25 years at least. Used to get them at garage sales and auctions for practically nothing. The butter churn has the complete paddle. My milk bottle rack....well that was in a house we bought. I have added various milk bottles over the years. And no, I don't have all those rolling pins to keep my hubby in line! Although...no just kidding! For whatever reason, I like rolling pins. Maybe because I remember my mom making pies. Trust me, that was probably the last time I personally saw a rolling pin used. Another day for my idea of cooking and baking....vicariously!
The big crock has been moved so many times. But we are done moving!!! It gets seat belted in the car. My hubby just shakes his head. This little vignette is in our dining room. I would love sometime to find a narrow bench for that spot...but shhhh...don't tell hubby.
Oh, by the way, I see a light at the end of the sickie tunnel. Woke up this morning feeling human again. Yeah!
Show and Tell

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like crocks, I was given some from my mother.

Bovey Belle said...

I so envy you that butter churn! I make butter sometimes in my Kenwood Mixer, but it would be nice to do it the "proper" way sometimes too!

Hootin Anni said...

My parents...from long ago, actually USED their crocks to make pickles [both sweet and dill] and sometimes if their crop of cabbage was heavy...they'd make homemade sauerkraut.

What a great collection.

My S n T is shared. If you haven't dropped by, I sure hope you can stop and say "Howdy Do!".

Happy Weekend to you and yours.

j said...

Glad that you are feeling better. It's not unusual to take care of your crock by seatbelting it - shows how much you love it! I've seen the hubby-head-shake before too......OFTEN! Jennifer

Constance said...

I like the crocks a LOT! I have a soft spot for the milk bottles since we have an extensive collection at our house, all from Colorado. I can't remember the last time I rolled a pie crust?! I usually break out a "Mrs Smith's".
Connie

nannykim said...

cool post; my sis has a milk carrier and glass bottles that once belonged to my Uncle who was a dairy farmer--those brought back memories. (acutually I am not sure if my sis or bro have the carrier!)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thanks for showing the collection! I'll bet the butter churn crock is a doozy to lift.

cherished*vintage said...

Love your crock displays! That butter churn is so awesome. The rolling pins look so great displayed in a crock too. Very cool!
-Karoline

Esther Sunday said...

Nice collection. You were lucky to pick them up so inexpensively - they are a fortune these days! Love, Esther

Susan said...

Some really wonderful items from another generation and time.
Susan

LW said...

Wonderful collection ….

The rolling pins are fun and I love the butter churn...

Louise

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Glad you are feeling better! The crocks, churn, and rolling pin collection are great! I used to have some years ago, I regret getting rid of them :-( I hope I still have my churn up in the attic. I do still have a mahogany rolling pin somewhere, I hope!

That's funny about that big crock having to use a seat belt!! Hey, if that thing went flying, it could kill somebody!!

Great S&T!

Katherine

Abounding Treasures said...

What a great collection and you can enjoy it more because you keep it displayed as part of your heart and home :-)

Blessings,
Mrs M

JEWELGIRL said...

Lovely collection of crocks
and rolling pins. A rolling
pin is rarely used at my house,
I never was good at making pie crusts!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful crocks you've got there. I really like how you have them displayed in your home!

The Apron Queen said...

Love your sense of humor! Sort of matches mine. I laughed when I saw you'd posted your hubby's cars too!

You can pop over to my S&T at http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

What a wonderful collection of crocks! You have them displayed beautifully!
~Kelli

Blogging tips