Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July, 2009!

I am so anxious to share some of my recent finds for Show and Tell at Kelli's. I went for quite a few weeks and just didn't see anything that "thrilled" me to buy it. But that "problem" was resolved last week, when, I frankly could have bought the stores out!
My hubby bought me this adorable candle holder when we were in Prescott as a surprise to me. I was antiquing....and he went into the candle store and found this copper looking calla lily candle holder. It is so pretty at night and I finally found the perfect place for it...which wasn't easy!

While antiquing, I saw these little goblets. There was only 2, but we are only 2! I didn't NEED them, but when they said $1.00 each...well, could you have resisted?

and 2 compote dishes...yep, same price...and they are crystal.

OK, on the squeal level...well, let's just say I was having a Hallelujah moment inside Hobby Lobby when I found this fantastic baby!!!

Hmmm, you all are squealing with me now too...I KNOW you are!

I put my little wreath and eggs from the Apothecary jar...and it made room for my previous post of CJB!

Story time....please hang in there with me....a while back Ro and I were looking at these little clocks from Bulova on line. They are $80 to $100. They are about 12 inches high. ok...fast forward....last week hubs said, while we are out, do you want to stop at Big Lots? I said I didn't need to...and yes, I really did say that. Well I walk in and stopped in my tracks. There was this little clock.


Well, I was just carrying on about how I couldn't believe it...and how much they were...so, we bought one! Now, it still wasn't $5.00 mind you. Wish it was...but the price was less than half!

Well, I am going to take off the rest of the week from posting. Going to enjoy it with my hubs. I hope all of you have a safe and memory making July 4th celebrating this wonderful land we live in!

16 comments:

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Wow, what great finds. I just love it when something happens like your clock story! Hope you and yours has a wonderful holiday weekend.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I am soooo darn envious of all you midwest gals who have a Hobby Lobby....DANG....NOTHING here...I love your little wire do-hickey...I'd have squealed and snatched it up too. I love the calla lily candle holder your DH bought for you too.

Happy Independence Day!

Hugs,
Spencer

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great finds, Ceekay! Hope you have a great week with your hubs. I am getting ready to watch "The Patriot" with mine and "maybe" go see the fireworks from a friend's house. Had an early dinner out with folks, but I'm really tired and want to chill. I chill best when blogging or watching movies.

Happy Fourth!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Donna Gotlib said...

It looks like you have been making up for lost time, and having a lot of fun. I enjoyed the visit.

Linda said...

Oh what great finds and I love the great prices too. I've never been to Big Lots, but I think I've been missing out...the clock is darling. Your hubby is a sweetie, surprises are the best gifts...and the candle holder is lovely.

Happy 4th of July and have a happy week too...hugs, Linda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Ceekay, what gorgeous finds. You really did find some gorgeous treasures. I love the copper candleholder, it is so pretty and your crystal glasses are just gorgeous. That clock is stunning. Isn't it fun when you find something that you've really admired. So pretty. Now save up your money and your energy for Thurs when we go shopping. I hope they have some good stuff. I hope you've also had a wonderful 4th. Hugs, Marty

Rosanne said...

What great finds!

Nanette said...

Beautiful crystal and I really like your bird cage with nest. I know how those are the kinds of things a person just can't resist. The candle holder is so pretty. I am so glad you shared! Enjoy your weekend!
Valerie

Picket said...

Morning girl...hope you had a fantastic 4th! That farm is called Farmtown on Facebook....I am not really into facebook but I love my farm! lol

Picket said...

Good grief I forgot to say I loved your treasures but I did squeal when I saw that wire cage you got at Hobby Lobby! lol I love that!!!!! Have a great day girl!

SweetAnnee said...

Treasures!!!
woohoo

Deena

Sandra said...

Wow, what pretty finds! The cystal is really lovely! I love the little clock too!
Blessings,
Sandra

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh I love it all! That metal bird house/cage...is adorable! Nancy

Salmagundi said...

That was quite the weekend!! Enjoy this week, rest up, and, I'm sure you are preparing for what's ahead. I'm doubling up on prayers for you. Sally

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Lots of great goodies! I'm glad you found the metal cloche, and the little clock!

Katherine

Kathleen said...

Great finds!!! Hope you had a wonderful 4th..
Praying for you!

Blogging tips