Monday, September 13, 2010

Is that Salty Water Dad???

I am thinking about my wonderful time in California. It is STILL hot here. This year it is starting to get my my last nerve.


When my son was about 10 my husband let him watch Jaws. We won't go into the debate about that decision that followed, however, our son was definately left with some memories!! Every time we saw a body of water, be it a lake, a river, a pond....he would ask his dad...."Is that salty water Dad?"

He also had a toy shark that he used to play with in the tub. When I went to Cali I found another shark and took it to the ocean when we went to play. Karen took pictures of it.

So son (who is now almost 30).....yep, this is salty water..watch out for sharks!!

For all of you that are thinking ?????????? Just remember, we have broke all heat records here in AZ this year. It has finally affected my brain! I am NOT responsible!!!

7 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Come visit me in Wisconsin Ceekay!
Grab Karen and Marty and hop a plane!
Today is going to be in the mid seventies, sunny and the leaves are just starting to change color.
I so hope it cools down for you soon. I know my son has had it too, he is missing Wisconsin!
Hugs,
Cindy

Karen said...

It was a big shark too! :)
We went to Newport Beach this weekend and the water so wonderfully clear and the sand so soft. I'm sorry I took you to such a yucky beach after the storm that took away all the wonderful sand. You'll have to come back and we'll do it again and I will take you down to Newport for the day. It was just gorgeous.
HUGS! Me

Cyn said...

I am with you on the heat getting on my last nerve. I HATE the heat so much...why do I live here...oh yea..I remember now..my whole family is here..and they are important to me. :) I take visits to other beautiful places like Colorado..and come home and rack my brain as to why I stay. :) Maybe we could start a petition and send it to mother nature for some cooler weather :) Here is to hoping!!

Blondie's Journal said...

it looks a little too real! lol!

Hope it cools off soon for you...

xoxo
Jane

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
Hope it cools off soon! That last picture of the shark is so funny!
Valerie

Sarah said...

It looks real in these photos. :-)
I'm with you on the heat. This summer was't as bad as last, but we are still having temps too high for my comfort zone. ~ Sarah

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I was an adult when I saw Jaws, and I would barely even get in the tub after that! I can't watch that kind of movie! Love your picture. You have such a fun sense of humor! laurie

Blogging tips