Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm Back

We had the best time this weekend up in Payson. I LOVE it there. It was so much cooler. And gorgeous.

I have to tell you that any scenery pictures I get are by miracle totally. Here is why. My wonderful husband when he is traveling is a let's get there kind of guy. Stopping at a view just isn't in his plan. In fact when we were younger and took longer car trips I would yell out the window to the McDonalds sign....two double cheeseburgers, fries and coke....and just throw it in the car as we fly by! I say this to show you this....


I want some kind of award for the above picture. I snapped as we drove by with my extra zoom on. This one is getting framed!








All taken from inside the car, at about (ahem) 65 miles an hour - give or take...I don't want to think!


I went to every garage sale.....they put a map in the paper with the numbers and addresses on it. Don't you just love it?
I am telling you, my legs were so tired from climbing up the driveways to the sales. They were all on hills.... big ones!


This is where Bentley stayed. He really isn't a problem in the car, but he really doesn't like it either. He wanted up by my feet....and being spoiled - he got his way!


We were on the road most of Friday finding those garage sales. Unfortunately, they were not that great. I saw some nice things...but I think they value their stuff more....because the prices were high....I did get a few doilies and a cute pitcher.


Pine always has a 4th of July Flea market on Saturday. We walked through this. I bought a really unusual magnetic bracelet....I will show in another post.


There was a lady with a completely pink display tent...oh, the men made lots of comments about it...but I knew our pink bloggers would be interested.

We came home early to avoid the traffic. It was so much fun. Friday evening my hubs went and got food from Safeway and we ate on our patio at the hotel. He had put the Letterman songs on his phone to serenade us. It was very nice!
I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend.
I am PROUD to be an American!!!

21 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a sweet-sounding getaway, CJ!
I've not been to Payson ... yet, but will have to check it out - particularly since you found pet-friendly lodging .... I never enjoy leaving my Caraleigh.

Love Bears All Things said...

Your meal at the hotel sounds so much like us...We have Earth Fare and Fresh Market, you can get some great things for a picnic..Things like grilled salmon, coconut shrimp, all kinds of salads..This is what I do for my weekends in Memphis with Honey Bear.
Your photos are great even if you were moving when you took them...Love the shot of Bentley Boy.
Mama Bear

A Hint of Home said...

Welcome Back! Glad you had a good time and got those shots even if it was at 65 miles per hour. lol I can just see it happening!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ceekay~ Oh, I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your little trip! Great shots too, even if you were zooming by! :)
Little Bentley looks all cute curled up at your feet like that.
Hope your fourth is going well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Linda said...

Happy 4th to you Ceekay! What a fun road trip...beautiful scenery and great pictures from the car. I love the way the garage sales were numbered...makes for easy shopping and the flea market looks fun...I'm addicted to them...hugs, Linda

Cherrie said...

What a great time you had and you did awesome with those pictures out the window!

Sonny G said...

Welcome back CeeKay.. glad your home safe and that you enjoyed your trip.

Sonny

Susan said...

Ceekay, Welcome back!! What beautiful photos you took even if they were taken at 65 miles an hour!!

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
How fun I love your pictures and think they turned out great. I never can get a decent picture while the car is moving. I am so glad you had fun. The pink display is so cute, she did a good job with it! Happy 4th of July!
Valerie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Sounds like a great time Ceekay~ And you got some pretty good pics while your were whizzing by.
We had pretty good weather but now it's raining and putting a damper on the fireworks display.
Take Care,
Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ceekay, this really looks like fun, and look at that sweet Bentley! Love your cute shoes by the way. ;-)

Great photos of the scenery! Loved every one.

I am holding you to that eight month thing, and I will throw you a FABO birthday bash!

Happy Fourth!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Terra said...

Oh Ceekay you do deserve an award for that photo, taken at 65 mph!
That sounds like a fun trip. I like the all pink booth.

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I had to laugh...my husbands a let's get there kinda guy, too. I'm impressed at the 65ish mph photos you got. Blessings, Patty

Barb said...

Hi Ceekay, the pictures are just stunning....how beautiful is that!
So glad you had a great time!

Barb ♥

Karen said...

FUN TRIP! Yay! And what a trooper little Bentley was! Give him a cookie!
Well I Know you were hoping for some pretty wonderful yard sales . . . bummer. But! There is always next time.
On the bright side - just think of all the money you saved! :)
HUGS! Karen

Anonymous said...

So nice to meet you...and hey!!! i'm your 200th follower ~ woohoo :D
you have some gorgeous pictures on this post...
thanks for stopping by, sista...
~victoria~

Picket said...

Hey sweetie...how are you doing lately!!!! The trip sounded fantastic and love those 'drive by' snapshots! lol Love that you get to take your furbaby with you on the trip....thanks so much for coming by...you take care of yourself and have a great week! ~Picket~

Julie Harward said...

Looks like you had lots of fun...amazing, these cameras now and how they take such good pictures from the car! :D

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

sounds like fun Ceekahy! I'll look forward to see what you bought. Your scenery photos turned out so great (especially considering the speed of the car!). My husband is that way too - he says if we stop, then he has to pass the same cars all over again when we get back on the road! laurie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Great pictures! I had to laugh because my husband tends to do the same thing! A man thing!

Glad you had a good time, sounds like fun!

We had grocery store food too - ro-chicken, potato salad, baked beans, etc.! Very good! And Subways on Monday! Easy holiday!

Katherine

{oc cottage} said...

Oh my gosh! Your doggie is a hoot!!!!

m ^..^

Blogging tips