Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bits and Pieces of things....and me!

While we were in Payson I hit a few - well, really quite a few garage sales. But they were not as good this year...I did get a few things....



who doesn't love old wood spools?

and bottles....the old ones were garage sales...see the littlest old one? You would have thought I was trying to buy a gold bullion....the husband could not believe his wife was selling his bottle. I told them, it isn't important, I don't want to cause strife between you....then he says, well alright, I will sell it...I figured he was going to ask like 20.00 after all that, he says about 50cents? what a hoot!


The old doilies were 10 cents....I bought all four they had. I see a pillow in my future.


In one of my recent swaps, my partner sent me an old fuse. I was so excited because I remember these from when I lived at home growing up. I found these for 25 cents....

Then today, I got a sweet envelope in the mail from my dear friend Karen, Some Days are Diamonds. She and I all old friends that just met last year! She sent me a thank you package for helping with some sorority sister stuff....so sweet.


Look at all the goodies....



Look at the old stamp and handwriting.


Cute! Parlez francaise?
Ok, here comes something funny, well, I got a kick out of it. Karen a while back had sent me a Bingo card. She has asked me what I was going to do with it. I laughed and said, nothing, it is the only one I have! So she sent me some more and on her note she said...no hoarding! Hmm, does one have to be one to know one? Just asking!

Well, then I wrote her back and said, but Karen, I have to hoard one thing....I am sure you will understand.




Oh mercy, I have NEVER seen a ring box this little....nope, sorry, hoarding happening here!

I thought I would also tell you all something that few of you know about me in my past life. When I started my blog, it was basically a journal about my home and collections. I really didn't show much crafts. Karen didn't think I was into crafts at all. And for the last few years I had put it on the back burner with everything going on. But in reality, I have done various crafts for years. In fact, I worked many years for Minnesota Fabrics and taught in store classes and did the window displays. But crafts were different 30 some years ago. The closest thing to "altered" was maybe a crazy quilt.
Then I started blogging and fell in love with the look of the old items mixed with fabric and lace...and started back at doing some simple crafts. I am definately a newbie with this new line of mixed media....but I am enjoying it....
so, what should I do with those bingo cards??? hmmmmmmm

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning! Fun stuff!!! Glad you had a great trip. I love that little ring box! :) Some how it doesn't surprise me that crafting is in your history! I have seen some of your projects and I'm impressed! :)

~Liz

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Oh wow CeeKay...the fuses are really cool! I'm gonna be on teh look-out for them now.

I hear ya about crafting being so different nowadays. I crafted back in the 80's & it was just that, crafting. But crafting today incorporates artistic expression too & it adds a whole nother dimension to it.

Anonymous said...

Morning, Ceekay! Oh, I love all of your little treasures you've found. I had some of those wooden spools and so wished I'd kept them! :(
How sweet of Karen to send you all of the sweet olden things! I've never seen a ring box like that either! Glad you've got your craft hat back on. I'm trying to get back to my scarpbooking! Can't wait to see what you do with those little Bingo cards. Hope you're feeling well and have a great day.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Ceekay what a wonderful array of fun things!! I see those bottles all dressed up with a pretty graphic and lace bits and bobs. The bingo cards are neat and I have seen those in blogland too all dressed up- actually a bowl with those and some old bingo numbers might be fun also!

Bet it is hot there!

bee blessed
mary

A Hint of Home said...

You got some really cute finds at the garage sales. I love old bottles and the fuses are great! I remember using them since I've been married.

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Cute things that you found...love the bottles and the story about the little one...too funny. You will think of that story everytime you see this little bottle.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Ceekay, you found some really great things in Payson. Love the lace and the bottles. You do make the prettiest bottles ever. Now as for the Bingo cards, I have no idea, but I know you will dream up something wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Linda said...

Fun finds and aren't the people holding the garage sale fun too. Oooo, that is the sweetest little ring box...hugs, Linda

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
Your finds are so fun, love the little wooden spools. I am sure you will find something fabulous for the bingo cards. Isn't it funny, I have always thought of you as a crafter!
Valerie

Sandra said...

I usually save at least one of my favorite paper pieces in a file...if I want to use it for a project I make a good quality color copy on card stock and put the original back in the file. I would use the bingo card to make a gift card of some sort or put on an altered journal or in a paper garland. Great yard sale finds too!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL, Ceekay... hoarding happening here! What a perfect line, and it is happening here, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Bernideen said...

I especially love the lace - I have a similar one that I didNOT GET for 10 cents! ha

Karen said...

NOW HOW DID I MISS THIS POST?
IN fact - on my sidebar - it said you hadn't posted in like a week! And poor Julie Ann at the very bottom of my roll - says she hasn't posted in FIVE weeks! She just posted this week! Hmmmmm . . . I'm getting really fed up with Blogger.
NO HOARDING! :)
The ring box was one of two I got at one of my Friend's Claudia estate sales. LOVE THEM!
Bingo cards - I know you'll figure something out. Even if you just "re" give them away for a giveaway or swap!
NO HOARDING! :)
I cant wait to see you guys!
Big hugs and love from CA!
Me.!

Rettabug said...

What fun you're going to have, thinking of ways to use those great little items! I didn't realize that wooden thread spools were such a hot item. Must go check my sewing room!!

Glad to read you're doing pretty good & were able to find something to do in that awful heat. Just pretend it is winter & you HAVE to stay inside like we do for months. At least its not dark & depressing, too. :-)

Hugs,
Rett

Blogging tips