Sunday, July 18, 2010

I had a Fantastic Weekend.....

I think I am on enjoyment overload!

Friday afternoon I went to lunch at my girlfriend Amy's home. Candy was there also. Amy is a school teacher and it is such a treat to have a day that we all can spend together. She absolutely went over the top with a beautiful and delicious luncheon for us. It was all southwest since it is about 115 degrees...no, really, it is....









ooooh....black olives....I LOVE them!




Look at this salad!




Spicey scones!
I didn't get a picture of the fabulous bean dip, cause we had already done damage to it!


Amy has a huge cookie jar collection. I just took a couple of shots for you to get the idea....

Ok, then on Saturday I went over to Liz's home from Rose Vignettes (Marty, don't hate me!!)
Oh my goodness, I was trying to mentally remember every little corner of her fabulously decorated home. Her studio that she just showed for Where Women Create....trust me, it is better in person. I really have no way to tell you what an amazing time we had together. We ate lunch a the Market Bistro, which I have never been to.....then after talking and talking...we went shopping at this AMAZING store that I didn't know existed!




What a name.....it was almost too much for this ole heart....you will see...just a taste....



That is an upstairs full of architectual stuff.....(ok...wait a minute...I need to breathe!)


This is where you check out....note the roof of the counter!!


I wanted everything in this display....old music, old cameras... (breathe)

Oh, mercy me.....

Then we went back to Liz's and rested a bit, looking again at her gorgeous rooms.....
Oh, and let's not forget the ride in her cute Mini Cooper....(overload)


Today after going to church I had my hubs do a little something for me....remember the old sewing machine drawers....???
Well, I hung one up over my Singer machine base table.....it just came to me out of the blue....

Be still my heart! I am in LOVE!

See, I still have those Country decorating vibes in me....


my sweet tiny bottles....do you see the little tag...it is from when we used to get our polio shots..


The little cream color thingy....is a mini sewing kit....and my few little wood spools.
The little book is a Psalms....


It tpok hubby 2 minutes if that to put it up, but he will get kudos for a while from me!!

It is hung over old family photographs....

So, I hope you had a tremendous weekend too! I just love days like these
Life is so Wonderful!

26 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you had a terrific weekend. Nothing like spending time with friends, just doing fun things with the girls. ~ Sarah

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wow Ceekay,
You did have a great time!! That table is so beautiful and that store is amazing! What fun, I so wish I could go to CAlif. with you all. Drats!! I will be there in spirit!
Hugs,
Cindy

Susan said...

Ceekay, It sounds like you had a wonderful time! The tablescape was awesome and the food looks great!

Salmagundi said...

It's so good to hear that you a fab weekend with good health. Now, if it would just cool down!! Sally

Cyn said...

Where on Earth is that store?? How have I lived in AZ my whole life and missed it lol.

Looks like you had a great lunch!!

Linda said...

Morning Ceekay! I had a nice weekend but not as neat as yours....your luncheon looked wonderful. Yummy foods and what a pretty table.

What a neat store...I think I could spend some happy time there too. Great decorating idea for the sewing machine drawer.. nice way to display all your littles...hugs, Linda

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
It looks like you had a great weekend! Amy's table was lovely, very southwestern. I love the look of your new shelf and it fits in so well over your old photos. Stay cool!
Valerie

Julie Harward said...

Looks like a fun lunch..and I LOVE that store..looks like you found something great too! :D

Happy@Home said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend. Your friend's southwest table is great and the food looks delish. The drinks look especially refreshing with your HOT temps.
The store looks like a lot of fun. Very cute what you did with your sewing machine drawer.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like a fun time to me...
Mama Bear

Gypsy Heart said...

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend! LOVE the southwest style tablescape and the food looks divine. One could wander around for a long time in that store too.
Thanks for sharing the good stuff ~ you so deserve it!

xoxo
Pat

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Ceekay, I am so glad you had a great time. It sounds like Liz's house is just breathtaking. She is such a sweetie, and I am so glad you two got to go shopping. I havn't been to that shop in years, but I really would love to go. We will have to make a trip of it and go see all the old haunts when I lived over there. Great pics and what a great weekend. I love your sewing machine shelf on the wall. You have it decorated so cute. The little bottles and the tiny sewing box and psalms, how cute is that. Great job. Talk to you soon. Hugs, Marty

Rettabug said...

It is really great to hear the joy in your *voice* Ceekay! I'm glad it was such a super weekend for you. You certainly have earned it.

I'll have to tell my sis about that little shop, even though she doesn't decorate in that style. The pink teapot would have been coming home with me in an instant!!!!

Loved all your cloches, too. I wish I had a better knack for arranging things like more of you gals. I think I slept through that class. LOL

Hugs
Rett

Shanna said...

The lunch party looked great! I am a new follower and a new member of the Bloggerette Society. I am making my rounds to "meet" all of the lovely ladies in the society. I would love for you to visit me @ www.mommiesandbeyond.com

Anonymous said...

Wow Ceekay it looks like you had a blast this weekend!! I would love to go to that store sometime when I am down Arizona way!!! It looks so fun!!

Thanks so much for voting for my arbor at the DIY Club Challenge!!
It was so fun to be one of the top 10- I have been so lax with my blogging that I don't know if many of my blogging buds read much of my blog still- Can't seem to do summer camps, church, and blogging too for some reason! Did I tell you that it looks like
God is opening the doors for us to open a food and clothing pantry in Aguilar too?

bee blessed
mary

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay,
All I can say is WOW what a fun weekend you had. The luncheon looks like it was so yummy and I love the tablescape for southwest.

The Not too Shabby Shop is awesome. I could spend a lot of time and money in there I think! LOL
Love your idea with the old sewing machine drawer. It looks wonderful on the wall as a shadow box.
If I visit Arizonia, I am going to that shoppe.

Stay cool, it's 104 here.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

xinex said...

Sounbds like you had a great day! Your little shelf is so nice. I love that store and its contents, wish I could go to it...>Christine

Simple Home said...

That food looks delicious. It's hot here too, although I think it's supposed to get a little cooler, later this week. We've had it over 100 degrees, but don't often get up to 115. I know that's hot! It was even hot in Long Beach this past weekend.
I'm glad you had a get time. Looks like a wonderful store.
Blessings,
Marcia

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Ceekay! How fun. I love those store pictures...but I found that I am really curious about the missed picture...the bean dip! Hahaha....it sure sounds delicious! What a great time you had. I'm so very happy for you. We've had a great week with kids and family. That food looked delicious! Yum.
Blessings,
Debbie

Olive said...

Ceekay, breathe, you had too much fun. That table was off the chain(awesome in my speak). I love Mini's and I drive one myself! olive♥

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! That store looks like a place I could spend lots of time in.

Love the sewing machine drawer shelf....
Hugs,
Penny

Unknown said...

What a great post!!! :) I love what you did with the drawers!!!! LOVE IT! Clever girl! :)

We did have an awesome time! :)

~Liz

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Ceekay, your weekend sounds fabulous! I LOVE your sewing machine drawer shelf, and how you've accessorized it. So glad you had such a great weekend. laurie

A Hint of Home said...

Looks like a wonderful lunch and wonderful shop.
I like the things you hung up. Sooo cute!

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a blast last weekend! Gorgeous luncheon and the shop is to die for. Love your idea with the drawer too...aren't you the clever one!
xoxo...Kathy

Karen said...

Okey dokey - so next time I'm over - we are SO GOING TO THAT STORE! I almost had a heart attack with you! Were the prices good?
Love the cactus S & P!!!
And the drawer looks fabulous! This is in the guest room, right? Or your little den? I can't remember! Sigh. It's hell to get middle aged. :)
I can't wait for you guys to get here! I can't wait to see your face when you walk into the ocean for the very first time! :)
TOO FUN! Save your energy . . . :)
Hugs! Karen

Blogging tips