Monday, July 23, 2012

Party, Party, Marty Party!!

It is Summer Cloche time! at Marty's.  But you all know that.....so as Heidi Kl*m says...on with the show.....


I know everyone is doing this....but I love my old frogs stacked in a small cloche.



This is about 2 inches high...made of buttons...



This cloche is very tall and in previous years I have had my teacups stacked, but you know, change is good...so now it has a mini photo album on a candlestick.



This cloche is a cheese dome from eons ago....I have a sweet basket with wine corks in it...by my Frenchy waiter that Marty gifted me...



This teapot for one was a gift from my husband years ago....it is in our dining room....



My hurricane lamps with a "cloche" for my husband 1976 pocket watch....



This cloche is a favorite of mine.  It has it's own stand....right now it has a sweet grass basket from Charleston and the Greer, SC mouse.



Marty and I have the same cloche....this is one that I really intended for a gift, but I could not part with it!  I have a cake candle inside and have my birds from Dollar Tree around it.


Marty showed this cloche...this was my first non, glass cloche...and I always keep a bird in it....


This cloche is on our dining room table.  It was green but (take a breath here!! shock of shocks!) I painted it!!


I love to have my bird hanging on it from my dear friend Karen.


And it is setting on a charger that I bought in Cali with Karen at TaiPan....love that store!

By the way, this has very little to do with cloches, but Garden Ridge is coming to Mesa!!! (angels singing!!)

Now, I have a confession....I wanted to find a new cloche for this party.  And my hubby and I looked, but I couldn't find anything that was "different"!  So, I refrained and stuck with what I have.

Ok, I am sure you probably need a drink of some sort after this long post...so I will let you all go to look at more cloches at A Stroll Thru Life.

16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Wow! Ceekay- I had no idea you had so many cloches. Each one is beautiful in its own way. I really love the small one with the pocket watch it in....but they are all lovely- xo Diana

Olive said...

Okay we are twins except I do not have your fabulous eyes...rats. I love the S.C. basket too.

Anonymous said...

Great Cloches friend! I was going to try and do a cloche post but have been decor less it seems- you'll have to help me with some cute cloches when you come (I'm thinking positive!)

Picked choke cherries and am cooking them up -it's taking all day and I still need to make it into jelly after I get them juiced.
Oh but that jelly is sooooo good!

bee blessed
mary

Connie said...

I must live on another planet! Pretty. Haven't got a one.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Marty, all of your cloches are wonderful. I love the stacked floral frogs (I'm so out of it, I've never even seen that!) The little mini photo album on top of a candlestick is so cute, and how unique and wonderful is that square cloche with the little bird inside. laurie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Me again. I forgot to tell you that I love that header on your blog. laurie

Anonymous said...

HI Ceekay! Love all of your cloches and you have so many pretty wire ones!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Well, you are WAY ahead of my I don't own..... Not a one cloche, yours are fabulous and interesting!!

Carol

Vee said...

Garden Ridge? TaiPan? Are you speaking English? LOL! I'll have to do some research. Maybe you'll read that I'm all excited about one or the other in a decade's time. (That's how long it takes for good things to come this way.)

Unknown said...

Oh! You always do the cutest stuff with your cloches! May I ask where you got your tall glass one? I have a friend who drinks wind and I think it would be a great house warming gift with a bottle of wine inside. :)

~Liz

bj said...

Hey, girl...you must be the CLOCHE QUEEN. You have a lot of pretty ones.
*shhhh, don't tell anyone but I am
clocheless...not a one...I keep thinking I will try to make one with chicken wire like Kari did (over at Thistlewood Farms) but haven't found the time yet....
xo bj

Susie said...

I am loving the wire cloches. The pocket watch was nice. Smiles, Susie

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Ceekay,
I so enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful cloches. You have quite a collection of them. My favorite is the one with the tea pot under it. That pot is gorgeous! Now I just have to acquire my first cloche!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love all of your cloches and you have them displayed so beautifully in your home. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

P.S. We need to get together again soon.

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love your idea of flower frogs in your cloche!!!! Penny

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

All your cloches are wonderful! I am now following you! Penny

Blogging tips