Saturday, July 7, 2012

New Neighbors Moved In!

While my husband and I were up in Payson (which I will tell you about in a minute!) we apparently are getting new neighbors.


Apparently they are older because they were approved to live in a 55+ community...  I see they are doing a little at a time, which is the best way to move!

I don't know when the Fairy Family will add more to their garden....I hear they like to surprise their neighbors.

My husband and I went up to Payson yesterday for garage sales.  The sales were Terrible.  and it was HOT....not a whole lot cooler than at home.  We said why are we paying for a hotel room and be hot, when we can go home and be hot.  So that is what we did...we turned around and came home.  I was pretty bummed, but we will go back when it is cooler....

I did get the old oil pan up there.  My hubs laughed...he said, if I had known, I could have kept several for you from years ago.  Well, I didn't want them then!!

He is also working on a little project for me, that I hope I can share the beginning of the week....



Sikorsky Sky Crane we saw in Payson....they have been fighting the fires nearby....


I did go in this precious little store....she had every kind of birdhouse you could possible want...


Hope it is there in the early Fall....several of my favorite shops have closed due to the economy...


Poor Bentley, going to Payson just wore him out!!

19 comments:

Jan Hermann said...

Too bad you didnt find any good sales...but the cute little country store with the birdhouses looks nice.

It looks like Payson has the right idea...just sleep through the heat! It really has been intense here, too!

Jan ♥

NanaDiana said...

I can't wait to see how your new neighbors decorate their new "digs". Bummer about your day trip...xo Diana

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Your neighbors don't know it yet... but they have nice neighbors. ;)

The little fairy garden is cute.
I keep forgetting to look for items for a fairy garden... but I want one!

that little store looks adorable... hope they're there and you can shop again in the future.
Pat

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Too bad it was so hot up there because it's quite a long drive. It's also kind of scary for it to be as hot up there as it is down here because of the fire danger. We were up there about a month ago, & everything just looked so dry. We drove home through the Apache Reservation, & it was really beautiful. Some areas rivaled the vistas at the Grand Canyon. That drive was the best part of the day.

Better luck in the Fall, Ceekay.
CAS

Anonymous said...

Your little fairy garden is coming right along! The wheel barrow is darling!
WE got a nice rain today which helped to cool things down so nicely! We had to go to the "the Big City" Friday and it was 108 on our car thermostat- got out of there as quickly as we could too!

bee blessed
mary

Sunny Simple Life said...

The heat has been so horrible for so many. I pray it breaks soon. Glad you are enjoying your summer and my pooch is doing what yours is right now.

Susan said...

Ceekay, Bless your heart! I think it is hot everywhere. There were not many yard sales out this weekend here in Myrtle Beach! At least not in the area I generally salvage for treasures.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It's just too hot everywhere. Just stay inside and in the pool. Best way to survive right now. Can't wait to see you later this week. Hugs, Marty

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

It's been too hot here to do anything too. Looks like a cute and fun shop. Can't wait to hear about your new neighbors!

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm glad you had an outing even if it was hot...Its hot here too.
I love your fairy land. I used to have one before we moved here but haven't done another. You should add a small mirror for a pond.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

I Ceekay! Sorry your day didn't work out the way you wanted. That looks like a cute little shop. Those fires do sound so scarey! Be safe and go give little Bentley a kiss from Chloe Dawn and me. ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

June said...

Bently looks like I feel after a day of shopping Ceekay.
I love finding little shops like that, don't you. They are usually the best!
I think you are going to LOVE your new neighbors. I already love what they are doing with their new place!
sending hugs...

Vee said...

It's so hard to function in that kind of heat. Hope that you get a break soon. Sweet little fairy garden...hope that those neighbors are civilized!

Cherrie said...

I love Payson. Should have stayed up on the rim, it's cooler up there!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

So sorry you didn't find any great junkin' treasures! I haven't found anything in awhile either, until last week! Which is pretty scary, cause I have to restock my booth! I guess everyone's just too hot to have yard sales, or haul stuff to the thrift stores! Hope you are staying cool! :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I know it is so hot for poor little puppies! It is just basically to hot to do anything. I hope they new neighbors are tons of fun!

Carol

sheila said...

Hi girlfriend...that looks like a really neat little store to visit. Bentley looks so peaceful. He is having a good nap. Hope you are well. Miss you:)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

that will be a cute little garden Ceekay!
Sorry it's so hot, we just finished that awful heat and I know I don't like it now.
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Bummer! But I would have done the same thing!

Sweet Bentley! :)

~Liz

Blogging tips