Thursday, July 12, 2012

My First Official Guests

Some dear blogging friends came out to visit me today.  We had a good time catching up, rearranging some of my stuff!, and having lunch.
Marty from A Stroll Thru Life, Liz from Rose Vignettes, and Jamie from Mimi's Corner came to visit. Linda from Reminisce and This and That wasn't feeling well, and Laura, from Decor to Adore came out but we had left to have lunch.  Mixed connections....
I will be getting some pics from these ladies but I wanted to show my precious House Warming Presents from these dear friends....


Liz knows I love sunflowers....this is such a beauty!
and the bud vase is so different...



and she gave me this beyond gorgeous teapot (another love of mine)...it has such a beautiful shape....



the markings on the bottom of the teapot!


Marty was so funny....she has been sorting through her garage for her antiques and I told her I wanted to go shopping in there.... so she brought me a huge bag full of kitchen pieces...a sweet grater...


a funnel just like my grandma had to do her grape jelly...Marty said this was her grandma's.



A whole bunch of tinware....


and this precious scoop! I had to keep my eyes on them because Liz was eyeing them up too!!


Jamie found these napkins that match my towel in my kitchen I had just purchased at the Rustic Hutch ( a fun store, I will have to blog about soon)


And dear Laura left a sweet gift on my doorknob...she knows I love crocks...this is an old Potted meat crock I am sure came from England....

What a blessing to have such dear friends in blogland.  We decided we are going to do round robins and not wait so long in between to visit each other.

Well, I am off to find places for my new treasures of the heart.....Next time I want to share a precious gift I received from another far away country....

I hope each of you are having a wonderful week also....enjoy the moments!!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful friends bringing wonderful housewarming gifts - sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us! Hugs ~ Mary

NanaDiana said...

Oh- What wonderful and precious gifts from your sweet friends. I love everything. My mother had one of those funnel things but I never really knew what it was used for. Jelly, huh?
The best gift of all, though, is the one of friendship that you all share- xo Diana

Olive said...

What fabulous gifts from good friends.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
WHAT A FUN DAY WE HAD!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for having us over....your new HOME is absolutely Lovely....from the moment you drive through the guard gate...you are met by lovely scenery...the large pond....the ducks.....the cute golf carts whizzing by...off to some fun activity I am sure.....And WOW....what a GREAT remodel job hubby and YOU did.....OUTSTANDING!!!!
I was honored to be there!!!
hugs,
jamie

Unknown said...

CeeKay,

That is so good that you all get together like you do. Such fun! I know you had a blast!

Have a great weekend.
Kathy

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

How GREAT!!!
That is so wonderful that you love close enough to all those lovely gals and that you can share lunches and your homes together, CeeKay!
I love all your new treasures, especially the English potted meat crock. That is fab!

xoxox
Alison
Have a great weekend!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I agree, you have some sweet friends to bring you such pretties for your new home! Lucky you!

Kathleen said...

It must have been such fun! Too bad you missed Laura. What sweet gifts, the teapot is beautiful.
So happy you had a good doc visit! I pray for you every morning.

Vee said...

I am pretty certain that our blogging buddies know us better than our real life (whatever that means) friends do. Perhaps it is because there are no interruptions from our friends when writing a post and, though many bloggers do not read very carefully, many do. They are the true friends. I think you've found yourself some wonderful ones who know you pretty well.

Betty Sneeringer said...

You have great, thoughful friends. How your friends care tells a lot about what kind of person YOU are too! I had already come to that conclusion myself. Best wishes to you all.

Betty

Anonymous said...

HI Ceekay! Oh, what great gifts from all of these gals! The sunflower is so pretty too. I've been to Marty's blog and saw you and the gals. Oh, I wish I liked in Arizona! ;)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Hello! :) I found you through Maureen and I LOVE your blog! I'm staying! :D I love your towels and the crock is just beautiful! :D

Hugs,

Joyce said...

How lucky you are to have such wonderful friends, and gorgeous house warming gifts to boot!

Unknown said...

It was such a wonderful day! We had so much fun and your home is just almost perfection!!!!
Love you!
~Liz

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, What a fun day with special blog friends. I just love all the great gifts they gave to you. Love the teapot too and the kitchen ware is really special and perfect in your home. The towels and crock and just everything is perfect. A house warming to remember for sure.
Have a great weekend and enjoy.
XO Celestina Marie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a special time together, and the gifts are fabulous! Wish I could visit you too, your new place looks wonderful, I saw Marty's post with lots of new pictures!

Katherine

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

How neat is that, to get together with fellow blogging friends! I feel like I know many of my blogging friends better than my friends here. I'm excited to be meeting many of them at an upcoming blogging conference in NC!!! So glad ya'll had a wonderful day! And I love all your housewarming gifts, especially the pretty vase and sunflower! :)

Sarah said...

Fun to share your home with friends. I'm glad you all live close and can get together. You've made this new house a home and that's what it's all about. Size is just a number. ;-) Everything looks great!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh, Ceekay, I think your home is just beautiful. You met a challenge head-on and created a beautiful oasis. You certainly have a knack for choosing the perfect components for your home in each room. And what wonderful friends you have!
CAS

must love junk said...

Your home looks wonderful! How fun you could all get together!!
Susan
must love junk

Adrienne said...

What fun! I love spending time with blog friends. Wish I lived closer to you - I'd be leaving sunflowers on your doorstep all the time! Or, delivering them in person!
~Adrienne~

Kathy said...

How nice to have met kindred spirits. It sounds like your visit was wonderful. Great treasures. Thanks for sharing, Kathy

Blogging tips