Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Song List

Did you all notice....not only did I decorate my Living Room for the fall, I decorated my Blog! Trying to get in the mood...still hard to do when it is still over 100 here! Anyways...

Thinking of Andrew, son of Melanie from Bella Mella, starting his radiation this week...I thought of my weeks of tomotherapy. While I was in "the tube" I would sing to myself Hymns from my youth starting with the letter A through the alphabet. Here is my song list! Do you remember any of these? Of course to start

  • A - Amazing Grace

  • B - Blessed Assurance

  • C - Count Your Blessings

  • D - Day by Day and with each passing moment

  • E - Everyday with Jesus

  • F - Fairest Lord Jesus

  • G - Great is Thy Faithfulness

  • H - How Great Thou Art

  • I - In the Garden

  • J - Just As I Am

  • K - King of my Life, I crown Thee now

  • L - Love Lifted Me

  • M - My Jesus, I love Thee

  • N - Nothing Between my soul and the Saviour

  • O - O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing

  • P - Praise Him, Praise Him

  • Q - This is a freebie - any song!!

  • R - Rolled Away, Rolled Away

  • S - Sweet By and By

  • T - That Beautiful Name

  • U - Up Calvary's Mountain (which really is Blessed Redeemer)

  • V - Victory in Jesus, my Saviour forever

  • W - When the Roll is Called Up Yonder

  • X - Another freebie

  • Y - Yesterday, Today, Forever, Jesus is the Same

  • Z - I always sing Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah, Praise Ye the Lord and I sing it with ZEAL!

It always made my time go quickly and calm my fears....please remember to pray for Andrew and also for Ashley from Too Jazzed to Sleep, who is back on chemo...and well so many of our blogging family that are dealing with major health issues. I KNOW that I COUNT on the prayers of others to get me through the rough days....

Have a great week everyone...see you later this week.

21 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Ceekay. :) Your blog looks perfectly fallish. You are so sweet to remind everyone to pray for others. Ashley and Andrew both have been on my mind...just like you!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl you know my prayers are with you...love your song list...and I checked out your fall looking really good my friend...But will tell you Bentley just stole my heart how cute is that dog...May you have a Blessed week my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Salmagundi said...

What a wonderful idea to get through any tough moments in life. I know I have in the past recited the books of the bible in order to myself --something I learned in Sunday School as a kid. Take care and I hope your energy is returning for awhile anyway. Sally

Melanie said...

I love this idea! I'll have to tell Andrew about it. He has the MRI w/sedation tomorrow. They set it up for today but did not let me know for sure and he had just eaten so it's tomorrow. They did the radiation mask and cat scan today. He did fine for that. We were able to be in there with for all but 2 - 3 minutes. Even then I could talk to him through a speaker and let him know what was going on...table was going to move, etc.
Ceekay, I am remembering you in prayer. God has already used you to minister to me and He has great things in store for you. You just may be surprised at the places you go!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Sandra said...

Hi Ceekay. You are such a sweetie, you know that? :) Of course I'll be praying for Andrew, Ashley, Amy, and you, sweetie.
I love your new layout. It looks very fallish and pretty.
Blessings,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Ceekay! I love the look of your blog in all of it's fallness! I just may have to do something to mine!
Oh, I will certainly be praying for Ashley and Andrew and you know I'm still praying for you and hope you're feeling better.
Be a sweetie,

Shelia ;)

Happy@Home said...

I am impressed with the look of your beautiful fall blog. Great job!! Singing the hymns as you underwent your treatment sounds like a wonderful way to keep your mind off of it. I have now read about Ashley & Andrew's journeys and will be adding them both to my prayer list.

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
Your new blog look is fantastic, so fall-ish! The idea of the alphabetical hymns is great. I have always used them to get me through. Here's wishing you a good Wednesday!
Valerie

cherry said...

BEautiful love the Fall decor....I will pray for Ashley and Andrew. Take care Ceekay! Did you ever get my email awhile back on how to enlarge pics? hugs, cherry

Karen said...

You are just quite in the spirit of Autumn. I agree though, it's hard when it is so bloody hot.
I am thinking of you and pray ing for you.
Chin up - positive thinking! We all love you.
Hugs. Karen - Some Days Are Diamonds

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your blog looks so pretty. Your song list has me humming some old favorites. That is a great list, and what a wonderful way to pass the time and keep God in your heart while you are going through such diffcult procedures. I still have you in my prayers and Andrew and Ashley also. laurie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, I love your blog in all it's Fall Splendor. What a great idea you had while going through the treatments. I remember most of those songs too. Prayers for all those going through tough times.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings to you always.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

HI Ceekay! Love your post today! Love all your fall stuff...I think Bentley needs a fall collar on don't you? So it is hot there, it has been hot here in S. Calif...oh my...we are drinking Ice Tea all the time! HOpe your day and week is blessed!
Debbie

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I also meant to say...for your question about my wooden thingamabob...there isn't any opening for candy...like a candy machine...I thought the same thing when I bought it!
Blessings,
Debbie

Linda said...

Ceekay your blog looks wonderful...I love the collage of pictures in your header.
Thinking and praying for you and others who are facing difficult times. hugs, Linda

A Hint of Home said...

What a great way to stay calm.

I know the night before my brain surgery, I sang songs and couldn't believe the peace the Lord gave me.

I love the "old" hymns. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

Morning, Ceekay! I'm still loving your song list. This a a great thing to do anytime. Take care, Dear One and thanks for popping in to see my tablescapre.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Connie said...

Good post! A great way to remember to pray for Ashley, Andrew, and you!

Love the fall blog look!

love ya,

Myrna said...

Well, you've got me inspired to get to my fall decorating! Thanks for your words of encouragement..you've been a good friend to me and I appreciate you!
Hugs,
Myrn

Kathy said...

Remember and love 'em all! I've been praying for sweet Andrew and you know...you too!
xo...Kathy

The Barnett Family said...

I love your header....especially the photo of the lake....one word....BREATHTAKING!!!! I know most/all of those songs since I grew up in church and still attending. Be thinking of all of you!

xoxox~ Tonya

Blogging tips