Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can You Love Fall? (who would say that??)

As sweet and famous Shelia from Note Songs often asks....Can you love Fall? Can you love cute Autumn decorations? I sure can!

Can you see my cute decorations on my antique chair I won't let anyone sit on?

Some more of my pumpkins and a black crow that I see everywhere in Blogland...from....the Dollar Tree of course!
I am enjoying the evening with candles lit, low lights on....and a cup of tea, but soon, it will be a cup of Hot Cider. Tomorrow, wonderful, glorious tomorrow...it is supposed to be under 100 degrees! I may have to send hubby to the store and get some sugar donuts! Not the same as at a cidar mill....but close enough!!
And ladies...let me tell you, my hubs and I got the deal of seriously, a lifetime???
Penn*ys had a $10.00 off of $10.00. Today was the last day and even though I didn't know what we would find, I couldn't let that go. Well, long story short...my hubs found 5 pair of shorts...which here he can wear almost year round...$4.99 ea with additional 20% off. I found a little dress for my granddaughter for Christmas (original tag $39.99), same price! Total amount paid?? $15.47...Total amount saved after the $10 coupon.....(HONEST, I have the receipt) $249.05.
Even my non-shopper hubby could not argue with that, even though it is STILL September and I am not supposed to be doing ANY shopping. Oh, I just love a great sale!

15 comments:

Kathy said...

Incredible bargains! Don't you just love it when you find a really great bargain? I do!

Love your chair and the pretties on it.

xo...Kathy

Salmagundi said...

I love it when Penny's sends me those coupons. Anytime I can buy a piece of clothing for under $10 I feel I have won the lottery. Take care, Sally

Kim said...

Hi CeeKay..

Nice to meet you!!

So glad to have had you stop by my blog for a visit to check out "Tea Things Tuesday". Would love to have you join us in the upcoming weeks. I typically send out a reminder Email each weekend to all the gals who have joined me so far or who have mentioned that they would like to participate. If you can send me your Email address, I will add you to my list so I don't forget to include you. I didn't see one for you under your profile info. You can find my Email address under my profile. I look foward to you joining us.

Thanks and have a great week.

Kim
@http://www.shabbypinkandpretty.blogspot.com/

A Hint of Home said...

Sounds like a great day of bargains! Love, love that when it happens.
Enjoy your cool day.

Happy@Home said...

Your little vignette on the antique chair is so charming. The lamp just sets it all off perfectly.
Great bargains you and your hubby found. That is so fun when that happens.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a steal! I love bargains!

Neat fall decorations!

How do you do the mosaics? Do you have a program to do it? A friend did mine for me.

Katherine

Heather said...

very cute decorations and what a good idea to put them on the chair so no one will sit on it!
what a deal at pennys! wow now that is saving!

Connie said...

Now I'm a tad confused...you went from $15. something to $249 something? And you weren't going to do any shopping?

Huh?

Love the fall decor.

Sorry for the way too early call this morning...I'll explain sometime, if I can...which I'm not sure I can.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Ceekay, your chair is just gorgeous. I love the little lamp with the pumpkins and the crow. It is so cute. Also, Cindy @ Applestone Cottage is going to be her the last of Oct. and we want to have an AZ. blogger get together on Oct. 30th at Gooseberries again. You can call me and I'll give you all the details. Who else do you know that lives here that we can contact? Anyway, give me a call. Hugs, Marty

Four Paws and Co said...

Don't you just love a sale like that?!? The vignette on your chair is so sweet! I'm lagging behind in the fall decorating, I need to get a move on! ☺ Diane

Ashley ~ said...

I LOVE your beautiful Fall colors*! So glad you sound like you're feeling better. Me too*!
((hugs)) _Ashley*

Melissa Miller said...

Ceekay how adorable! Love the idea of using a chair for Fall decor'! You are so creative my friend.
This all looks so beautiful.

Thanks for the great idea about the cloche to display the birdie nest! It's too big to be a hummingbird nest after all even though it's really tiny.
It turns out that hummingbirds have nests the size of half a golf ball and they don't come back to them again. They migrate to Mexico for the winter according to Google and then come back to the US in mid-March.

Blessings and Happy Fall! ~Melissa :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, What a great deal you got. I love it!!
Your antique chair is darling with your Fall display on it. I am the same with the low lights and cozy candles around the house. This year I am using the timer style candles that look real and come on automatic everynight. They are wonderful.

Hope you are feeling good.
Have a cozy evening.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Ceekay; Sounds like you did a great job on finding some bargains..I just am in Love with your Antique chair,,, and the fall decor on it... I would not let any one sit on it either.... doughnuts and cider sound really yummy.... have a great week..
Hugs;
Alaura

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Just perfect little displays Ceekay! And I love that you had a month at home in MI last year - what a gift! I am hoping this October is good to you!

hugs, Linda

Blogging tips