Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Brooches

I have a small collection of Christmas brooches.  They are not old, old.  They are somewhat old, cuz I is too!  In the midwest, we always wore a brooch on our coats.  AZ...not so much.  But I treasure each one.



Anyone who knows me, knows this is soooo true!  I love to Give, and I love to get!


This is my oldest pin.  My hubby gave it to me one of our first Christmas's.


The tree is another older pin....and everyone needs a Santa!


I got this at Macy's years ago....I loved the flying reindeer.


Simple but so pretty!


People used to scowl at me in Michigan when I wore this....but I LOVE snow...at least for Christmas!


This is a later pin.  This is probably one of those, that you pick up for a gift and then decide, no, I gotta keep it!


I don't know where the string came from in the pic, but I was too lazy to do over!  I have worn this poinsetta so many times.....It has matching earrings.


This is a new one from my hubby this year!


My snowmen pins....that I can wear into January!


This was a gift from a church friend years ago.  She knew I collected Nativities.


But this one, Oh, how I LOVE this one.  I wear it every year on Christmas Eve and Day. 

Hmm, I feel like a Christmas pin shopping trip in the future!  Half-price maybe??

15 comments:

Helen said...

I have several brooches that belonged to my mother and to my grandmother ~~ I wear them often, no matter the occasion.

Happy Holidays!!

Vee said...

I just pinned my poinsettia pin on my red winter coat. I read something Susan Branch wrote about dressing up for Christmas shopping and took it to heart. You really do have a nice collection of Christmas pins!

20 North Ora said...

What a beautiful collection of Christmas pins you have. I have several but never seem to have enough December to wear them all.

Judy

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

CeekAY , your pins are so pretty. I collect a lot of Christmas pins from yard sales. I use most of them in crafts.

Susie said...

Ceekay, I love your pins. I was digging around to find one myself today. I only have about 3. I love them on lapels and scarves. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a nice collection of Christmas pins! I need to get mine all together too.

Merry Christmas!

Katherine

NanaNor's said...

Christmas blessings to you Ceekay,
I love seeing your brooch collection-they are all so wonderful! You have given me an idea for a post-so thank you. When my sister was alive, we always used to get matching pins with my sil too.
I always wore them on coats as well, but haven't pulled them out this year. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs, Noreen

Oliva Ohlson said...

Beautiful pins!!! So funny that I just remembered today to take out all of my Christmas pins, and then you post all about them! I have them all out now, and ready to wear starting tomorrow!!!

Joy Junktion said...

Ceekay, I too, have a great collection of Christmas jewelry, in fact I wear a different piece each day in December! I also have collected nativities for over 20 years. We do keep finding more in common, even AZ :) Have a blessed night! Cindy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love your collection and what they mean to you!
Merry Christmas.
warmly,
deb

Decor To Adore said...

Beautiful! I have a snowflake and a Christmas Tree that belonged to my Grandma Mary. Been wearing them for weeks! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What pretty holiday pins. I have one like your lit candle. And I got my little box of pins out one day to put a pin on my doll's scarf! Holiday hugs to you, Diane

Terra said...

I have several Christmas brooches too, and have them pinned to some of my jackets. You have a sweet collection.

Lori said...

My mother in law has moved in with us and I just put a wreath brooch on her red jacket!

Unknown said...

I think I like the last one the best too. I would totally wear that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. :)
~Liz

P.S. I still wear broaches on my jackets. :)

Blogging tips