Friday, March 30, 2012

Flourishing...

The cupboards in the MH are old..not plumb, not wood....but we had to use what we had.  After painting them I noticed that the tops still looked rough.  I told my husband let's get some of those Flourish thingys.  Well, I had to show him and he hemmed and hawed...and I figured...well, I will do that later sometime.

He often goes to the new place on his way to his work and one day I get a picture text.  He had bought the flourishes...painted them and hung them!

And he agreed...just what they needed.


Now here is a secret fellow secret keeper bloggers!!

I plan to use rub and buff on them...but shhhh, we will do that when he is at work one day...
Let's see...doesn't it go something like...
Better to ask forgiveness than permission???

Mybad!!

15 comments:

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Very nice touch!

bj said...

I love those wooden appliques so much.
I had a post on mine not too long ago. :))
Yours looks fantastic....

Now, excuse me while I check out Craigs List for wooden shutters....:)))

xo bj

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble posting comments on everyone's blog today!

Just wanted to say how much I love the new addition to the cabinets.

Have a nice day, Ceekay.

Betty Sneeringer said...

You are good! Looks great on the black cabinets. Are those new silver knobs? Will the buff 'n rub be silver? You are turning those cabinets into an expensive look!

Betty

Vee said...

I am not certain why men do not trust their wives with the decorating details. ☺ What you have in mind will be wonderful I'm sure!

Sweet Meanderings said...

I love it! What a wonderful idea! I can't wait to see everything when you're done.
Candy

NanaDiana said...

Ceekay- Pop by my blog today if you get a chance. I did a little bench and used those appliques and used gold Rub & Buff on it. I think you will love it. I love yours! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Just what it needed! :)

~Liz

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Ceekay,
I think the flourishes are the perfect embellishments.
You are a sneeky little rascal! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, they are just the ticket! You won't have to beg forgiveness, I bet he's going to love it! Men just have to see it first, for some reason they don't have our vision?!
Hugs,
Patti

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, Love it. I have used these all throughout my home with cabinet redos and I think they just finish it off nicely.
SHHHH keeping your secret. Have fun.
XO Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

You're the smartest one and they do look fabulous! OH, a gal after my own heart - do things while the Misters are away! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

June said...

Your cabinets look awesome Ceekay. I love, l, love the black...and the flourishes!
hugs from here...

Anonymous said...

When will those hubbies of our learn that we really know what is best!!!?

Cabinets are looking fantastic friend!

Do you have a move in time?

bee blessed
mary

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I have been so busy, I am just now getting a chance to read your post. I love the florishes, or whatever they are. Looks fabulous. Marty

Blogging tips