Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Potpourri Post

Fancy way of saying a little of this, little of that...no real plan.

First of all I want to tell you that for the last 3 days I have been working faithfully on my Blogroll and Following Blogs.  I visited so many of you and have tried to get caught up with everyone.  As you all know, I do things a little differently!!! and I really prefer using my Blogroll.  Habit I guess.  When you all comment to me I put you in a Outlook file and then I know to visit you within a few days....Well, with the holidays I got kinda behind...so I updated my lists...Yeah!

I wanted to also show you a picture of a favorite meal I made MYSELF this holiday.  My hubby won't eat it.  But I LOVE IT!  It is my grandma's crepe.  There is no recipe.  I make it with 2 eggs, a little milk, and a little flour.  Sorry, that's really how I make it...I would say 2-3 T of milk....1 T flour....Mix and pour in hot skillet with melted butter.  Make sure it fills the whole skillet....let it sit like a pancake....and then turn.  That's the hard part!  Anyways, a minute or so on the other side and voila (cuz, I don't know what the word would be in German!) my grandma's crepe.  Ok, now hold on....you take about a half of cup of Cottage cheese and add a T of sugar.  Yes....sugar.  Spread on crepe.  Roll.  Pour Maple syrup on it.....oh, I tell you, it takes me right back to my Grandma's kitchen.


I could eat 3 of them...but I only make 1.  Without the maple syrup, I don't think it would be too diet destroying....but I have to have the maple syrup!


I thought I would show you a couple of pics of what I got for Christmas....the purse and pot were from my son and his girlfriend.  My daughter got me a digital picture frame...it is a real nice one!  And my hubby....well, he gave me a bag full, and I am not kidding....of Stainless Steel jewelry from HSN.  I love that stuff!  It is indestructable!  and very affordable.

I must say I have 2 other favorite gifts....well, after my Coach purse.  My friend Candy gave me...



Can you love an orange princess phone (Shelia??)...oh yes, I can!

and a....


I have been waiting for one of these for a while.  She sure knows me!  Stop by and visit her blog sometime if you haven't met her.  Tell her I said hi!!


 My husband bought me the door lock thingy...when we went to Glendale Glitters...it was in one of the antique shops...I had the door knob...he didn't quite understand why I wanted it...but he got it for me anyway!

Well, that is it for today.....and if you stop here and you are new to blogging or my blog...please say HI!  I can't meet you if I don't know you are here!!

Open House at No Minimalist Here 
From My Front Porch to Yours

27 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great post. Your treasures are all super and the crepe sounds wonderful too. See you tomorrow. Hugs, Marty

Sonny G said...

I'll have to try that crepe recipe.

love that little camera~!

NanaDiana said...

I love that your hubby got you that without understanding WHY..and not really caring..only knowing that you would love it.

That crepe sounds wonderful. I haven't made them in a long time. I'm betting my grands would love them. I used to put cherry pie filling in my own with confectionary sugar on top. YUMM..
Now you have my mouth watering! xo Diana

Vee said...

Lovely gifts! I especially loved the vintage ones...old locks and knobs, a Princess phone, a vintage camera, all the things that make some wonder about us.

The crepe sounds tasty and not at all bad for a dieter even with a smidge of maple syrup as you had there. ;>

Heirloom treasures said...

Hi Ceeky. Love the blue pot,but then I am a blue girl.
I think I would love to try your Grandma's recipe,but don't know if the waistline needs it at the moment. I promised myself I would lose 2 kilo's in the next two months. Ha hum,we'll see.

Heirloom treasures said...

ps xx jeanetteann

Blondie's Journal said...

Your gifts are wonderful!! You have such a thoughtful family. I just got a stainless steel watch from hubby for our anniversary and I love it...it will never break!!

The crepes look delicious. I like making breakfast crepes filled with warm applesauce and topped with cinnamon...YUM!!

Have a great week, Ceekay!

XO,
Jane

karen hess jewelry said...

Loved your blog, CeeKay! You sure had a wonderful Christmas so I guess you were a very good girl! Thank you for sharing your Gram's crepes...I will have to give it a go...they look YUMMY!!
xoxo
Karen

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Ceekay,

Those look delicious!
Good for you!
Great gifts you received for Christmas! When we were first married we had a blue princess phone...Those were the days!
All the Best,
Christine

Kathleen said...

Glad you got gifts you like! I guess I'll hold on to my princess phone, but it is white. I took it when we sold my mom's house. My gkids are amazed by it! What's a dial!:)

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your crepe sounds yummy!!! I'd love to try it! Have you ever tried it with any type of fruit?

You sure got some wonderful gifts for Christmas! I'm thinking that Coach Bag is just fabulous! :) The orange phone is too cute!

Sarah said...

An orange princess phone! I know some UT students that might want one of these. ;-)
Glad you had a good Christmas. ~ Sarah

Simple Home said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I sure wish I'd held on to my Princess phone :) Yours is adorable. Love the camera too. I'm a bit of a camera collector, but I don't have one of those.
Happy New Year to you my friend!
Blessings,
Marcia

Betty Jo said...

Ohhhhh that old camera is nifty. And I can't wait to try you Grand's crepe. ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The phone is very 'groovy' and I love the Brownie camera! Great gifts! Happy New year! ♥

Barb said...

Ceekay, oh, your crepe looks so delicious. The orange trimline phone is a hoot.

You look so cute!!!

Hugs, Barb

Unknown said...

Sweet! I have that same Le Creuset pot! Great for soup and chili! Daughter would knock you down for that sweet orange princess dial phone! :)

~Liz

Kim said...

It's so hard to keep up with blogging isn't it Ceekay? I try desperately and STILL feel guilty. Anyway, I have a fond memory from my childhood of my mom taking me to a Crepery in Philadelphia. They are so yummy! You got some great goodies for Christmas too - you must have been a very good girl ;)
xoxo,
Kim

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh how I adore crepes!
It looks like you received some great treasures.

Dee

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, You sure got some fabulous gifts. Love the pics. And, you are a girl after my own heart with the stainless steel jewelry I LOVE it too.

Your crepe looks so yummy. I would love it.
The phone is awesome and your lock and doorknob too. Do you have plans for it? I bet you'll do something unique.

Happy New Year my friend and many blessings in 2012.
XO CM

June said...

Hey Ceekay you look like you were having a blast in the pics with your gifts! Would wouldn't love a hubby who would buy you a door lock thingy??? I love the photos of you and your kids in your last post. Priceless!
hugs from here...

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Oh my Ceekay, you had me at crepe! They're my favorite summer treat, when fresh fruits and berries are in season.
I so enjoyed seeing your Christmas gifts. That princess phone brought memories back of the many conversations I had on my teal princess phone. Thanks for sharing your "joy"ful Christmas.
Looking forward to all the possibilities with a new year.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

mrstuxtattoo said...

looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Many blessings to you and yours :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your treasures...and the crepes sound yummy! In France they put sugar in plain yogurt and it is really good! I hope that your 2012 is off to a great start! Happy Saturday!...hugs...Debbie

Unknown said...

Love this! I'm your newest follower from no minimalist here! Happy New Year- Stop by for a visit!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ceekay,
Love you Brownie camera! I have one just like it!
My word for 2012 is TIME. Stop by and click on the top of my blog to see why when you get a chance!!
Like your word...rest! I need to take TIME to REST too!

Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours!

Hugs,
Debbie

Kathy said...

I'm groovin' on that handbag from Rich!

Blogging tips