Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Anyone Still UP?

WhooHoo.....I LOVE steroids! Not only do they help to make you FAT...but they keep you awake! I have been up since 3:30 AM. Don't worry....the sleep WILL COME later! So if you can't sleep, and you can't vaccuum....what do you do? You Blog!

My daughter gave me this sweet package of kleenex. Now you KNOW I am not using them. She KNOWS me!

I went to a Cookie Baking Party last week at my friend Kate from church. We had such a wonderful time talking about Christmas memories. Picture of me making cookies. I thought someone should see it as proof!

I just love these reindeer in my Family room. I bought them last year at a family grocery store here in AZ and they are some of my favorites. Yes, I know...there is no real theme to this post....remember...sleep deprivation.


Santa is resting just a bit at my home. I gave hime some Christmas tea and I figured if I let him sit in my unsittable antique chair....that might influence him to remember my NICE and not my Naughtys!

This picture is for Debbie at Ribbonwood Cottage. She has the most adorable kitchen tree...so many of you do...this little pan my mom would make me a cake in for Christmas. I just love it.


Oh, man....can I relate.....I would say this could be on my headstone someday....but it would also have to contend with WHATEVER!

When my friend Candy and I went to tea last week...we stopped at a consignment store....oh my word......does this tree scream Ceekay??? I am telling you, I really did TRY not to squeal so loud and EMBARRAS Candy. You could tell it yourself Candy....IF you would start that blog!!!


Be still my heart!



Oh, oh, OHHHH


Candy and I went to tea at The Front Porch in Mesa (previously Abbey Gardens). This was a wonderful tea restaurant, reasonable, friendly and so good. We will definately be going back


My box of goodies for Candy....oh, it is all in the presentation!



Her box to me. It was filled with such wonderful goodies....soaps, teas, tea strainer, ornies...but there was one absolutely feet stamping, jumping up and down goodie in there....Hold on to that thought....



I have been looking all Christmas for a teapot. Finally found it at the teashop and 35 percent off....I just love it. It has its own strainer in the lid.

Ok, the gift.....I never knew I need this until Tablescape Thursdays. Then I said, where have you been all my life you precious thing? I tell Candy when she goes to Missouri each year some antiques I would like to find. She didn't know what she was looking for, but she found it. Kept it all summer to give to me for Christmas. Ok...I will show you....but it is MINE, all mine. Just keeping it real!!!
Don't you LOVE it??????


See the little scoopy!!!
Anyone up yet???

25 comments:

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

I was up and awake but was busy baking COOKIES.....I think we all have sleep deprivation this week. I want one of those scoops...Someone had one on their tablescape a week or two ago and was using it as a salt cellar....be still my heart. I am on a mission to find one...too cute!! I love your post, so many topics covered and never a hint that you might have been downing the caffine while you were posting or that you were a bit wired. Merry Christmas!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wake up Ceekay!!! I'm up now, I actually wake up a lot at night and blog! Hormones making me crazy! What nice gifts, great pics of the tea room and your home! Merry Christmas, Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I don't know how I missed this because I posted on the last post, and I was up! LOL!

Loved this post, and that little scuttle is adorable as is the teapot, the reindeer, the funny kleenex, etc. You are a hoot, woman! Love you much...

Merry Christmas once again! I never tire of saying it. I hope you don't tire of hearing it. LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Salmagundi said...

I'm up now! I heard you squealing all the way to Colorado over your sugar thingie (or whatever you call it). Isn't it cute? - I'd love one, too; but I'll let you keep yours. Merry Christmas. Sally

NanaNor's said...

Christmas Blessings to you Ceekay!
Loved seeing all your decorations and hearing about your activities. I looked for your other blog but couldn't find it...
I pray for a wonderful Christmas and healthy New Year filled with the Lord's richest blessings.
Hugs, Noreen

Oliva Ohlson said...

I hate to say this to you, but lately I've sleeping like a baby!!! I agree with you steroids are the pits, but can be a blessing. Love all your pics and topics, especially the one where you're baking!!! You've been a busy girl!!

Gone said...

Are you ASLEEP now??? LOL!!

What a cute post...and your gift is gorgeous!

Merry Christmas Ceekay!

Jan

Karen said...

I'm with Cindy. HORMONES! Ugh! This menopause thing sucks.
I am sooooooo ready for Christmas.
Love your scoop. And the "tree"! Oh GIRL! Fabulous!
Well, you and me are both hoping Santa remembers the nice and not the naughty. You let me know how you do with that! :)
Off to work for a few hours.
Big hugs! Merry Christmas Dear CeeKay!
Karen

Into Vintage said...

What is that? The silver scoop in the last photo ... is it a silent butler? I saw one just yesterday in a local thrift store and before that, I'd never seen one in my life. Funny! -amy

Connie said...

We've been cousins for double-nickels of years...and truly, this blog was the quintessential "Ceekay" post. Nothing says "Ceekay" more than this chatty, subject to subject, show and tell blog. Since this is so you, where did the sleep deprivation come in? (LOL) Love ya,
Constance LaRayne (connie)

The Old Parsonage said...

I was up and wrapping:)

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Leann

A Hint of Home said...

Love, Love, love that sugar scoop!! You lucky dog you!!

Kathy said...

When you were posting that I had only been in bed for about 2 1/2 hours! You know me. Your box for Candy turned out so cute. I know she loved all the sweet little gifts you had inside for her. And her box for you was also too cute! You already know that I am seriously jealous over your sugar cellar - I want one! Maybe I'll look in Tennessee next week. Cute and crazy post, girl. Go to sleep tonight!!!
xo...Kathy

Susan said...

Great pictures, love the tea pot.

Merry Christmas!

Nanette said...

Hi Ceekay,
I was so glad to hear about the drugs working! I haven't been able to post until now because the kids have been coming in and such, but I've been thinking of you. Your teapot is just too cute! If I don't get a chance to say it again, Merry Christmas!!!
Valerie

Connie said...

Hi Ceekay...haven't been by in a long time but thought I'd see what you are up to...love the tree too ( I wouldn't know how to do that but would love for someone to do it for me!) and I love the Rudolph cake tin of your mom's.

Have a Merry Christmas and I hear you are friends now with my dear friend Karen. She's a doll...you are blessed to know her.

COnnie

Unknown said...

Great Post. I was laughing at the random thoughts that we have at 3:30 in the morning... LOL! I love your Teapot and Sugar scuttle. I have been wanting one forever! Now get some sleep! :)

~Liz

Decor To Adore said...

Love the tree Ceekay! Are you wrapped and ready?

Blessing to you and your family.

May the peace of the season be yours.

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Cheekay, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and thank you for all of your nice comments on my blog. I really appreciate you. I hope the steroids don't keep you up to long...get some rest and Take care, Kristen

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Ceekay, I'm sure you're napping right about now.. noooo..nooo you go ahead and nap and I'll still be here when you wake up. I loved seeing the tea room and some more of your lovely home. The sugar skuttle is a treasure in deed.. whan your friend comes to Missouri where does she head to??? Girl she could stop by and say hello or just give a big wave...I'm off to get the ham in the oven rolls are rising..or so I hope..lol. If the weather permits the kids will be here around 5 or so.. then watch out. A very quiet house will become a loud one.. From our home to yours darling. A Very Merry Christmas... hugs ~lynne~

GwendolynKay said...

Ha! I can relate...when I can't sleep and hubby and dog are already snoozing , I too come to blog world. That is some snazzy tree , pink and black! Christmas comes in so many colors now adays. cute little tea pot. Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas Ceekay!
hugs!
Gwen

Mary said...

Love the teapot, CeeKay...a friend of mine has one just like it, and I've been trying to find it, with no luck. Where did you find it...and does it have a mark on the bottom? I hope I can find it for next year. I don't see many Christmas teapots that I really like, but I fell in love with this one. Hope you're sleeping better!

God bless you, and Merry Christmas!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Merry Merry Christmas!

Pamela

Ohio

Cathy said...

Thank you Ceekay, I just got the little cursor to download. How fun! Hope you're enjoying the very first day of the new year!

Cathy ♥

Terra said...

The teapot is adorable, and I smiled when you said you screamed in the store when you saw that stunning black and silver tree.
It sounds like you did not buy it but you were probably tempted.

Blogging tips