Friday, April 4, 2008

Girlfriends Day Out!

Yesterday I went to tea at a friends home. Because today is Show and Tell at Kellishouse, I am going to share my friends tea cup collection. When we arrived at her home, she asked us to pick out a cup for ourselves to use. The table was set out on the lanai. It was a perfect day and the quails were our entertainment!

As you can see, my friend has a lovely tea cart. I so would take this is I could. She isn't parting with it though. (?!?) On the bottom shelf is a tea chest like mine I showed yesterday. I found hers as a Christmas present this year. It is decopaged on the top. So cute.
My two dear friends enjoying tea.
This is the cloche I gave my friend for her birthday. She didn't know what it was. I told her and shared some blogs with, she is better at it than me! Isn't that just how it goes??

We had a wonderful time eating delicious scones, tea sandwiches, and yummy desserts. Afterward we went shopping looking for more wonderful tea accessories. We were successful too!
Show and Tell


Needled Mom said...

What a fabulous party you had. That is such a clever idea to do with an assortment of teacups. Scones???? I hope you had some clotted cream with them. My mouth is watering already.

Simply Heart And Home said...

How lovely to have a ladies' tea party. I love all her different little tea cups! Delightful!

cherished*vintage said...

Oh, I love tea parties! Looks liked you all had a wonderful time. Especially nice to be out on the lanai with the sun shining!

Penless Thoughts said...

How fun to pick out your tea cup and share with a friend.

nannykim said...

I love the thing that holds all of the tea cups--the stand. That is so cool--nice to have a tea party--so much fun.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed seeing the tea party! Everything is beautiful, I just love tea parties, my favorite thing!

I want to be your friend, you give nice gifts!! ;-) Please tell me where to find a cloche, I want one!


Kathy said...

It all looks beautiful! So glad you had such a lovely day with your friends. Love the little place cards too...Kathy

Kelli said...

It looks like you had fun! Your friend's teacart and teacup collection are beautiful!

Kindra said...

It looks like you had a great time! And what a wonderful gift you gave your friend.

Blogging tips