We took Sunny (our vintage camper) up to Payson. My hubby wanted to actually stay in her to see what we need to concentrate working on.
All went well. We had a wonderful time. Met some really nice campers and about wore ourselves out!
Ok, here is a bit of reality. You know those gorgeous pictures of the vintage campers and they are so pretty you want to live there full time. Nope, you don't!
1. We actually used our camper. So undoing the seating, getting out the bedding, making up the beds, (we each took a side)....is NOT a simple task! Of course, I don't have a lot of arm strength, so I was battling it!
2. Cute table settings are adorable.....and I will do that, but trust me...paper and plastic can go in a bag and you can throw it away!
3. Where you are supposed to keep your clothes, is one we are still working on. I used satchels...one for me, one for hubby, and one for meds and etc stuff. I put them on a cabinet in the "bathroom closet". That is NOT working for me. I cannot keep lifting those and digging through to find flip flops. We do have a plan, and I will share if it works.
4. The cute chairs I bought at an estate sale that were gold and 70's ish.....yah, uh, those are gone. We bought good 2013 zero gravity chairs and enjoyed them immensely!
5. I found out that my dream of having an RV one day is still alive and well. We used to talk about it BC...(before children) but then it went to the wayside......it is back.
6. Oh, and the 3 hour nap I took when I got home was WONDERFUL!
Every camper needs a bear doesn't it....I looked and looked for a peace sign necklace....gotta keep looking!!
Remembering the pillows on the couch? So cute and adorable. Uh, yah, that didn't work for me either....I didn't want to actually use them, so up on the shelf they went!
My sweet owl that Mary from Mrs. Redo made for Sunny! (Those bars hold up the half of the bunk that got cut off. That is what I am cutifying! I think I will macrame over them one day.
I found this mat at Home Depot in Payson and I had to get it! Don't look at the floor....we are not there yet!
This is the shelf, and the curtains....see....
I even have LOVE beads!
We had to modify the lamps that were there because the shades were crumbling....we found these shades. I covered them. I intend to put pom poms on them to finish them out, when someone decides that pom poms are not diamonds and I find at a reasonable price!
Poor Bentley, I do not know if he LOVED camping or hated it.....he wanted out all the time, but it was raining....then when he was outside, he wanted back in. He just couldn't decide.
We had a storm that seriously, I think topped all storms. This pic is on the way home....
We are home, have our to do list and thinking....When can we go again????
You can find me partaying here: Dwellings, The Heart of Your Home.