Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What is Happening around Here....

nothing too exciting.  My son came by yesterday and helped me outside.  He raked and swept and help me pot some plants.  We Arizonians are so happy to have our beautiful weather....you should have seen the Garden center at Home Depot!!

Here are just a few random shots....

 We picked all our oranges before the freeze.  But this little guy is a preemie!

 I am trying to show you how tiny it is....but this really doesn't show it.  It is about the size of a golf ball.



Here we are at my favorite little patio at the back of our home.  Remember my son made it for me several months ago.  I potted some geraniums on each corner...ok, now look at the right of the tree and you will see my preemie orange!

So  while we were working outside my neighbor says, I have something for you.  She brought the shepherd's hook.  It totally matched the little birdbath my other neighbor gave me a while back!  I love how they look together.  I would love to hang a plant, but we had just returned from packed Home Depot.


I  will be gone a couple of days.  My friend Candy (Sweet Meanderings) and I are going to a B&B in Globe and will do a little antiquing.  Hopefully I will have pictures to share later this week.  Be safe and talk to you soon!

18 comments:

Vee said...

Glad that more temperate weather has returned! Sweet gifts from your neighbors...

NanaDiana said...

Have a wonderful time with your friend, Ceekay. I love your patio and I love the gifts from your neighbors. xo Diana

NanaNor's said...

Hi Ceekay, Hope you have a wonderful time with your girlfriend and the shops. Love seeing your yard-ours is still brown and will be for quite awhile. I'm so glad you are up and about again. Sending hugs to you today.
Noreen

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling so well and out in the yard looking at sweet little oranges - and how about your neighbor giving you a shepherd's hook that matches the bird bath! You have fun on your antiquing trip, hope you find some great treasures! Mary

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything looks sooooooo nice. Don't you just love this wonderful weather. Have fun on your trip. Hugs, Marty

Marissa said...

What a sweet neighbor you have!..it's nice to know how much they care for us!..looks like a beautiful day in Arizona!

Terra said...

Those are lovely garden accents and sweet of your neighbor to give you the shepherd's hook. We are having 65 degree weather here in California, so I relate to your warm days in Arizona. Have a nice B&B adventure.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ceekay! Oh, love seeing your tiny little orange. Wish I had an orange tree but our back yard is teen tiny. But I have my lemons! ;)
How nice of your neighbors to give you the birdbath and shepherds pole.
Glad to hear you're having fun.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Gail said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! I LOVE your blog header!!

Sonny G said...

Have a wonderful time...

what a sweet lil premmie orange that is..

Olive said...

Ceekay, oh to have fruit trees such as yours. That would be lovely. Have fun antiQUing! Olive

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous,have ton's of fun in Globe at the B&B.Can't wait to see the pic's.
And yes your weather looks dreamy.
Love the patio and the potted Geranuims.
Bet your little oranges were so tasty.
~Jo @ LoblollyLane

Stacey said...

There you are torturing me with warmth and geraniums! I can't believe you can have those out already. Totally jealous!

Have a wonderful with with Candy.

Blondie's Journal said...

My goodness...we live in separate worlds! Out Home Depot is empty and I won't see flowers for months! That little orange is precious and I love your lantern! Have a great get-away, sweetie!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Girl, your orange rocks! :) I love how there's one! >:D

Hugs,

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh sweetie, I am still buried in snow. Glad that you are having a fun get away with a friend. Can't wait to see what you find!
hugs,
Jann
p.s. little premie is so cute.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I miss my orange tree! :)














Annesphamily said...

Have a fun trip! Always fun to spend time with a good friend! Be safe and have a great time!

Your patio is quite lovely!

Blogging tips