This is why I went to Michael's yesterday. I just got it under my skin that I just HAD to do this!!
I will simply tell what I did...because, maybe there is ONE person left in the world that hasn't decopaged....
1. Buy a faux pumpkin....I bought white, because I didn't want the color to show through...
2. Tear up old sheet music...big, little, and medium sizes. Try to tear off some of the extra empty part of the paper...unless of course, you want that to show!
3. Take ModPodge and paint the pumpkin. Do small sections....you can use a brush...but I prefer my fingies!!
4. Let each section dry...this is the hard part...but you can mess up the paper if you lift it before it is dry...trust me, I KNOW this!
5. I used an old plastic bowl as a lift....
6. Keep on gluing the paper on and painting the glue over the pieces you put on.
7. Before you start decorating, check to see if you have covered the whole thing! You will think you did...but, I promise, you will find spots you didn't.
8. When dry totally....decorate like crazy. My friend Karen, says, put stuff on, and when you think you are done...put some more on....This is hard for me!
9. Stand back and tell yourself you are brilliant! This is an important step! Do not wait for your children or husband to tell you...cuz, unless you put it on their pillow, they probably won't even see it!
10. And do not miss this....pick off the dried glue around your nails for the next day or so.
Joining: Kristen's Creations and From My Front Porch to Yours and Old Time Farmhouse.