Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bye, Bye Birdie......

Dinner is done, kitchen is clean...kids have gone home, grandpa and grandma are pooped.  But I wanted to post pictures of our Thanksgiving Turkey Decor...they are all gathered up on the dining table, waiting to be wrapped up and put back into storage.  I always am a bit sad...saying goodbye for a while to my harvest decorations....but I can't waste time on tears, cuz Christmas is coming FAST!

 We found this last poor scarecrow at Hobby Lobby the other day....80 percent off...he was $7.00!

 This was the last and ONLY K at Hobby Lobby....got for $5.00.

 This turkey is probably 20 years old.  I get the biggest kick that he is sitting in the chair!

 I looked everywhere for Pilgrims this year with no luck.  This poor anorexic ones were the best I could do...they are probably 20 years old too!



 I changed out the scarecrows for the turkeys....


 When I visited with Karen, she gave me this beautiful cornacopia...she was changing colors...you can see it is perfect for our home.



This is so funny.  My grandkids take Karate...I found this outfit after halloween, so I wanted Bentley to wear it when they came.  He was scared to death of it!  He would not move...


 This is how we always see our grandson when he comes over....he could do this for hours.
 This is our son's girlfriend's little boy...he liked the Legos too!

 Our granddaughter playing with the magnetic hair card...

 Me with my kids!
 Our son with his girlfriend...

 They were helping clean up the kitchen

 Trying to tell Bentley it was all right!!

He may be Karate Dog...but he is the scared Karate Dog!

We had a wonderful day.  My grandkids are getting so big.  My granddaughter had to wear the orange T-shirt....just for Grandma....they always run up to me and tell me how much they love me....can there really be much anything greater than that?

18 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

The love of grandchildren is so precious. It's wonderful and so different from bringing up ones own children, as there are no pressures. It's just joy. Your brood are lovely. Happy weekend. x j

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving with us...
Lego is the best toy invented isn't it? I still have my daughter's at my house and the 'grands' have played with it...last night they were both playing games on the iphones...and they do grow up so fast...
Blessings,
Mama Bear

NanaDiana said...

Ceekay-What a wonderful, wonderful family day you had! Your kids are beautiful and your son's girlfriend looks like a doll. So much fun to have family around, isn't it? xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

You have a beautiful family Ceekay and Bentley looks adorable as karate dog LOL! My Toby would be the same way if I tried to dress him up. OK now let's get decorating!!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wonderful photos, Ceekay. We had our daughter, SIL, & 12 year old twin granddaughters. We had a wonderful day. I totally agree, having your kids and grands give you hugs & telling you they love you, is absolutely the BEST! I got to sit-out the cleanup because I was totally pooped!
xo, CAS

Anonymous said...

Hi Ceekay! Poor little Bentley! He is cute but I see the fear in his tiny eyes! You have beautiful children and grandchildren and I'm so glad you had such a nice time and help! You had a clean up crew! ;)
I love all of your pretty Fallen decor and the cornucopia is gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Susan said...

Ceekay, your family is so very precious!! Family is so very important.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Such fun pics! You cracked me up with the anorexic pilgrims...maybe they were like that til they found good old tuurkey, LOL! Your grandchildren are adorable and so are your children. Wish I was there for lft overs! Thanksgiving blessings to you all. FABBY

Karen said...

it looks like you had a great day!
Hey! I know that guy! He ate my chicken dinner from Cracker Barrel! (btw -Tell Richard I approve! She looks adorable.)
Someday I will understand the whole grandkids thing. SOMEDAY! Sigh. I can't wait! But I'd settle for a wedding in the meantime!
HUGS! Me.
The cornucopia looks GREAT! Yay MOM!

farmhouse-story said...

great post, ceekay! beautiful family pics and decorations:)

bj said...

awww, Ceekay....what a sweet family.
I am so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving.
Love all your decorations.
When our g'boys were little, we had Legos all over the house. They loved them.
xoxo bj

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Great family pics Ceekay!
And oh do I love your kitchen!
My son loved legos too, he would literally play with them for hours too!
Hugs,
Cindy

Rettabug said...

Nothing greater than those grandbaby hugs, Ceekay!!

It cost us almost $10,000 to have our FL home packed up & moved back here to Ohio, so I always tell the g'kidlets "Give me one of those $10,000 hugs!" LOL Worth every single penny!

Happy Thanksgiving, Honey...don't over do it, getting all the Christmas stuff up,
fondly,
Rett

Sue said...

CeeKay, While you were a little sad to see the autumn decorations go, I was chomping at the bit to put them up~ They got put into boxes 2 weeks ago and I started setting up the artificial trees! LOL It takes me forever to get all of them decorated- meanwhile the house stays in a state of disarray and chaos the entire time. I do NOT let anyone in to visit the entire time. Ha Ha...
Glad you enjoyed a great Thanksgiving celebration. Poor little Bentley! We used to dress up our cats when we were kids. They didn't like it either!
~ Sue

Unknown said...

Darling pics!!! The 'L' monograms are always first to go. Lucky you!!! Looks like you have a very sweet family!!!

Hugs, AImee from ItsOverflowing.com

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

CK, such wonderful pics of your children and grandchildren. Looks like you had a fabulous dinner and all of your decor is so cute. Love that turkey in the chair too, so funny. Hugs, Marty

Oliva Ohlson said...

Your grandchildren are so adorable! It's so nice when they can entertain themselves...I love it! It's nice to get to know your whole family!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fabulous day to me! :) Lots of fun!!! Son's girlfriend is darling. :)

~Liz

Blogging tips