Sunday, November 20, 2011

An Advent Creation

I finally got the wash caught up.  Did the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving and held an estate sale...thank you for all the good thoughts.  Don't you hate when life is so swirly twirly you don't know if you are coming or going....I really enjoy calm!  and the older I get...the calmer I want it!
While I was visiting with Karen - Some Days are Diamonds....we crafted for 4 days!  The biggest and most challenging was an advent calendar.  Now you may think this should be easy peasy....but each day had to be different.  It is hard to find that many different numbers.  In fact...my poor Num 23 is is waiting.
But oh, I love how it turned out!  Just a dollar tree cookie sheet and some magnets.  Hope you like it!



I am crazy for my little snowman.  I made the sign from bits of paper....

Soon, we will be using our advent calendars...how in the world is it almost Christmas?

However, I also this week (cuz you know, I didn't have ENOUGH to do!!!)  - did some major Christmas shopping.  We don't do much purchasing here....very small compared to many....but I got my Grandkids all done!  My daughter went with me and boom, boom, cart full.  Yeah!!!  I already had my daughter done, so all that leaves is my son and a few close friends.  Those are my favorite gifts to find!

Well, here we are at the start of another week.  I hope (but I am not counting on) it will be a bit CALMER!!  But hubby and I are taking a day of rest together today and NOT going or doing anything!  Don't you LOVE those days occasionally???  I laugh every time I think of it because when I was much younger I used to want to go and do.  I would ask my Aunt Barb to go and do with me and she would say, how bout if we don't go and don't do?  I thought HOW boring!!
I get it now, Aunt Barb!!
Wow Us Wednesday with Kim 
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Debra's. 

21 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

OMG! It's gorgeous...I love it! So glad you're back and town and had a great time!

Susan said...

Very pretty Ceekay!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your calendar is fabulous. I know you and Karen had a ball and I can't imagine what all you two got done in 4 days. Unreal. Hugs, Marty

Cathyjo said...

Just had to drop in and wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.WOW I love the advent calendar.

NanaDiana said...

I LOVE your Advent calendar. That is so cute- really cute! I haven't done a thing for Christmas yet and with a new baby and helping my daughter out I don't know how much I WILL get done this year! xo Diana

Vee said...

That is absolutely terrific! So many sweet details. I hope that we'll get to see 23. I must say that I admire your having so much done! Good for you. Believe me, I get it, too. And how.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Ceekay,
I'm glad you are getting settled back in at home. Life can be hectic and I too just love a lazy day.
I really like the calendar that you created. It's very cute.

hugs
Sissie

ShabbyESP said...

That is so pretty!!1 Love the idea
Thank you for sharing!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Thanksgiving CeeKay Sweetie...
What a beautiful share. I love the calendar that you and Karen created. It is so precious. I love the use of the cookie tray and numbers. Who would have thought it would be hard to come up with numbers, but then while looking at yours, I can clearly see why.

Not only is it beautiful CeeKay, but priceless for the memories of you and Karen sitting down and making them together. I love it.

Thank you for sharing sweet friend. I think of you daily in my prayers. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is just adorable Ceekay! I love your Aunts saying, I sure feel that way somedays!
And Happy Thanksgiving too!
Hugs,
Cindy

Adrienne said...

What a wonderful Advent Calendar! I think it's perfect - just perfect!
~Adrienne~

Heirloom treasures said...

You are so creative,it is lovely.
Know what you mean about a still day,manage one of those regularly to recharge the batteries.

Decor To Adore said...

Completely adorable! Well done.

I would have loved to come to your estate sale. Glad it went well.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Ceekay,
I love your calendar! I made one last year that is so similar. Mine is in a frame. I used decorative pins to hold the days in place. I truly know how much work this was. I was on a advent adventure last year and made 3 different ones for myself and some for my children. What was I, crazy? lol! Of course, one wasn't enough.

Toni said...

Ceekay - Love it! I made one a few years ago and yes it is kinda tough getting all different pieces in the right size. Yours is so cute! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Karen said...

I am so glad you liked my little idea! My 26 is your 23 and I am stuck too. Course - no time to think about it. But I am off starting tomorrow for SIX DAYS to transform this house. Pray for me.
:) Hugs! Me.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is SO cute, Ceekay...I'm inspired...what a fun idea! Thanks for your comment about my silly turkeys!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I love this! Sooo cute!!

Great job!

Katherine

Unknown said...

I is sooooo cute! I love it. Hubs and I take do nothing days every once and while. You have to! :)

~Liz

Kathleen said...

What a great idea, I love it!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Ceekay, I love this advent calendar! I'm going to pin it to my Pinterest board so I can remember it next year. I should probably get started on it now so I could finish it by then, haha!

Blogging tips