Thursday, May 1, 2014

Ok....because you said

some of you do not know how to download your pictures from your I phone.  I am going to show you....

I used to email my pictures to my computer also, but you can do it easier and download them right to your picture file/gallery.

You know the cord you use to charge up your phone.  I didn't know this, but it is also your USB cord.  At the plug in point unplug the USB.

This is the cord as you plug into the wall to charge battery

This is what goes into the wall socket.

Lookie, lookie......it separates!  Who knew??  Not me!

plug the phone part like you would charge it....

but put this into your computer instead!

Then plug the USB into computer and battery charger end into the phone.  Go to Pictures.  The first time your computer will ask you if you trust this computer.  Say yes.

Then it will download your pictures just like off your camera.  Voila.  Name them.  And there you go.  No more emailing the photo, saving the photo to a file...and you can do all at the same time.  I think it is cool!

11 comments:

Vee said...

Good heavens! I had no idea. Thanks, Ceekay! Life has suddenly become easier.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I just learned that a while ago too. Super cool.

Seawashed said...

My first visit to your blog and wow I did not know how to do this!!! So thank you so much.

I came by from Kris' because I saw that you have a 73 Shasta...we have a 72 Timberline(she was photo #7 of her post). Glamping is so fun. Enjoy your trip. xxo

Seawashed said...

I have a maltese too! Mine is Bella Bleu and she is my best friend.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Easy peasy!
I love that feature.
I don't like having them all on my pc...so I downloaded the flickr app and I upload them there and then delete from my phone.
Just for storage purposes. But very necessary...my iphone only has 8 gigs of storage! Crazy... 8 gigs used to be a lot! Now...it's just not enough.
Pat

Sweet Meanderings said...

How many times have I forgotten my camera and just had my phone?! Good to know!
Candy

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Ceekay, I LOVE YOU! Thank you SO much. I didn't know this and now with a new camera..I am wondering if I can do the same thing..do you suppose. It does not give directions on how to get them from this camera to the computer. I never use my new iphone4 camera because I didn't know how to get them anywhere but on the phone!
I would hug you to pieces if you were here! :)
Mona

Lori said...

I just learned this same thing at the phone store yesterday! Who knew? I can't wait to try and free up space on my phone.

Unknown said...

Gotta love technology! :)

~Liz

Judy Ann Lincicum said...

Well, I'll be! I never knew this, Ceekay. Thanks for posting this, I'm definately technology challenged!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thats exactly what I do...email the pictures to myself...I'm going to go try this right now!!! Thank you!!!

Carol

Blogging tips