Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hall and .....Steaks!

On Saturday our son was coming by for a BBQ.  We were heading to the grocery store to get some steaks and we were almost to the gate when I said....and I quote! "uh, oh,ooooh, st,sto, stop the car!"  My husband thought I was having a seizure or something....but no fear....I saw a sign in our community that said ESTATE SALE TODAY!
Oh Lord, have mercy, because I don't need a cotton pickin thing.....but I HAD to go!
My hubs whips the car around and we follow the signs.  Now this is the last day.  I hadn't heard about it previously, but we walked in and the lady in charge says...everything is 75% off the price.
Oh Lord, more of that mercy please.
So we split up....(do you all do that too?  someday I will have to tell you about our date nights!)  anyways...focus Ceekay.
And I am thinking in my head...you don't need anything, really, you have enough stuff, just walk away, SQUIRREL!

There it was in all it's Hall glory. Honey....come here (read this like singing and you get the right effect!)

So I bought it.  And after a long grocery shopping time (it really wasn't, but I was itching to look it up) I found that I have a Hall Silhouette Souffle dish....(now you all try to spell those words!)

Value?  approx $65.00

I paid?????   $3.75   (insert angels singing now)


Isn't it pretty?


The little bowl and the large mixing bowl were my grandma's.....  I can officially say I have a collection now!


I snipped these roses for our dinner centerpiece!


Proof that we really do grill - occasionally!


It was yummy by the way!

Joining Tabletop Tuesday at Marty's.

16 comments:

Susan said...

Ceekay, I used to have a whole collection of Hall, but I do not know what happened to it. I think when I moved to Buffalo years ago, it was accidentally given to Goodwill.
Your Hall dishes are awesome!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a great find. I love your bowls. I havn't seen those before. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Yay! What a steal you got on those pieces. I've seen some of these at antique stores and have always loved them, but too pricey! Love it!
Love your collection!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)

Japolina said...

Love your bargain Ceekay! enjoy!

farmhouse-story said...

i can only wish for such bargains here--wtg, ceekay! hope the bbq was as good as it looks:)
have a great memorial day!

Blondie's Journal said...

I think it was meant to be...seeing the sign at the last minute, splitting up, 75% off. You held all the aces!! I love them and they look great in your vignette!

Nice grill, too!

XO,
Jane

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, I love the last day of estate sales, they are usually 50%, I have never heard of 75%...Stop the car, what a great thing (I can't sell it) you got!!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

What sweet pieces. I have never seen that particular pattern before. It is just beautiful. Who said you can't have another collection? Glad you made it through the grocery store without breaking into a cold sweat of anxiety- xo Diana

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You lucky girl, you! What a bargain!

Thank you for your sweet message.

Katherine

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, what a great treasure you found. Your grill looks great all decked out with those goodies, what a great grilling place you have. hugs ~lynne~

Olive said...

Way to shop Ceekay-get some new stuff for that new kitchen:)

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, I don't blame you for singing...it does happen to match the ones you already have which is makes it a necessary purchase...Beautiful grill, by the way....we used the one Honey Bear picked up on the side of the road...it needed a tank, a rack for grilling and a new tank connection, now its like new.
Mama Bear

Aledia said...

Oh Ceekay,
I just loved this post, I was laughing as I was picturing this all in my head and ended up having to read your post to my husband.

Beautiful dish and an even better price! I hope you have a wonderful week!

(hugs)
Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Terra said...

How funny your reaction to the sign and "stop the car"! You needed that Hall dish and at that price, what a deal.

Susie said...

There's a whole bunch of this china at the junk in our town. I mean everything. I'll try to get you a picture of it and some prices if you are interested. Smiles, Susie

sheila said...

I know very little about antiques but it is very cute and I am happy you got it. You deserve it sweetie. Sounds like you had a memorable Memorial Day weekend:)

Blogging tips