Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back Home

Wow!  I love how some of you think!  You had me traveling all over the place.  I can only WISH I was in Hawaii.

No, we were in our beloved Payson.  Twenty to 30 degrees cooler there than Phoenix.

Here are a few pics....


Wednesday evening, my hubby said, oh, by the way, I have a surprise for you in the camper.  I had seen this darling tin VW at HL, but it wasn't on sale.....he went back (on his own ladies!!) and got it for me...(and by then, it was on sale!)


We worked on the kitchen area.  It is FAR from perfect....but, we did the best we could.  Remember, our intent was not to strip it to the bare bones.  Hubby had to improvise for the back counter....so I put cup hooks.  The fabric on top of the curtains matches the cushions, but it hides his repair job to where he took out air conditioner.  We tried to think of a lot of ways to make it look good.  I came up with this, and it does do the trick!  (Notice, still No pompoms on shades.....I tell you,...don't bank your money.. invest in POMS, cuz obviously, they are valuable!!!)


We took out the old propone light....and had to hide the hole.  I found the Follow Your Heart sign at HL and it was the colors and I LOVE the saying!



I know, really, desperate for a shot....but I love my new little orange cutting board!


And how many of you can say you have an orange doggie butt?  (it is for his leash!)


there is where my VW sign is...(oooh....bad grammar there!!)


Our trailer was quite the talk, and even had a man come and want to take pictures.



Oh, so trailer-y!!  But the lights are just toooo cute!


See my sweet little shade in the window?


My hubby would sit out there till really late....just relaxing (well, here he looks like he is thinking about something he wants to do...I KNOW that look!).



Oh, and look....I found a peace charm for my teddy bear!!


When you go to a small town...(although Payson is getting bigger! :(  ....)  you have to hit the area diners.


We went to the Beeline Cafe and let me tell you, there breakfast was delicious!


When we were driving around we saw a guini hen...don't know what that is...but it was just on one of the streets....


Ok....Vee, you will see this shot again....this is a Notecard waiting to happen!!!


Looking out our back window.....


Oh, you HAVE to have Yard art....you know that right???  I am a novice!...one day, I will have to take pics of all the different camper yard art!!

Well, we are home again.  I am going to take a nappy pooh!  But otherwise....ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!

20 comments:

nonie everythingsewing said...

So, it wasn't Hawaii, it was better! The little happy camper is coming along and oh so cute.
What color pom poms are you looking for? I will keep my eye's open for you and see if there is any around this area.
Nonie

Patty Sumner said...

CeeKay, you all have done a great job. It looks wonderful. Love all your quirky little touches. I know you are going to have a great time traveling around. Enjoy! Sunday BLessings!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh I'm just diggin' your camper!
I love every HIP thing about it.
That string of lights... cool,man.

So glad you told me about the yard art. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever get to camp in mine.
Pat

Unknown said...

I just love it that you get to just hook up and go! That is the best. I love those lights! :)

~Liz

Susan said...

Ceekay, your little trailer is adorable. I have been missing in action, but I hope to get caught up with my friends in blogland.

Cyn said...

I work with a lady who is a relative to the Beeline cafe, never ate there can you believe that! Your trailer looks wonderful! When we cap its tent city..but Id love to have a trailer!!!

Stacey said...

That sounds like absolute fun! Your husband sounds pretty special you know. He's always coming up with something good. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with it, plus the lights outside are awesome. Love your new sign, the VW bus, that just totally belongs in your camper! Glad y'all had fun!!!

The Bashful Nest said...

What a fun trip! The camper is looking great and I love the lights. Have a great week.

Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself and having fun in your sweet little vintage camper. I LOVE it!!!! xo Diana

Charlotte said...

Hi Ceekay,
Was so glad to hear from you again. It has been a long time, and I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Your little camper is so cool. (I still have a little troube using the term cool. Neat is the term of my generation.) LOL
Keep on blogging until you decide it's time to quit. Now I know you needed that advice.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Sounds and looks like lots of fun! Your camper is too cute!!

Linda said...

I LOVE it!!! Y'all did a great job on the camper! No one would know your pretty touches HID something!!! Next week I'm going out to spruce up OUR RV - to get it ready for hosting MiMi Camp 2013. I missed having it last year since I was out of town in an RV park - for 7 months!

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

What adventures! What fun! You know how to make the most of everything! I love it all!
Theresa @ Finding Grace, Going Mobile

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fun, so glad you are enjoying your little camper. Hugs, Marty

Adrienne said...

I knew you must be out in Sunny - having fun! I LOVE what you've done inside. It looks so homey and comfy. Love the lights. Love the VW sign. Love it all! So glad you had a good time.
~Adrienne~

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just adore the lights and the Fashionista would love your new sign.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Your trailer is really cute, and so much fun! Love the signs and other decor!

When we used to camp we met some of the nicest people.

Katherine

Sweet Meanderings said...

So cute! There's a Shasta trailer here at the RV Park now but I'm sure it's not as cute as yours is!
Candy

DJ said...

Only you can make trailer-life look that cute! I love the decor! :-)

Blogging tips